Question

Honor Student
rsngfrce
Message 1 of 3 (1,718 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP LaserJet M1536dnf MFP stores faxes instead of sending them

The company I work for has two HP LaserJet M1536dnf MFP copier/printer/fax machines. They are identically basically identically configured other than each being connected to it's own ananlog fax line. One of the machines is having a continual problem where it starts storing faxes instead of sending them.

I have gone through all the HP troubleshooting documents. All settings have been checked. Firmware has been updated to the latest version. When I run the fax test through the service menu, it always passes on all counts.

The machine receives faxes fine, but when you try to send a fax, it stores it and never sends it. Following the HP troubleshooting documents, on 11/2/12 I restored factory defaults. After doing so, the machine was able to send faxes normally, not storing them. On 11/9/12 the machine started storing faxes instead of sending them again. Today, 11/15/12 I restored factory defaults again and the machine is able to send faxes again.

I do not have time to be continually dealing with this issue. Why does the machine start storing faxes instead of sending them? How can the be prevented from reoccuring? Does the machine need to be returned? Please do not direct me to a generic help document which I have already read. Thanks.

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 2 of 3 (1,709 Views)

HP LaserJet M1536dnf MFP stores faxes instead of sending them

I would contact HP directly about this one. It may need to be replaced, or it may just need some deeper resets. Their Laserjet experts will know which to go with for this problem. I would wait until the problem comes back up to call, since they will tell you to do that if you call while it's working fine. If you are still in warranty, HP may replace the printer at no cost to you. I'll link the information to get in touch with them below. The link will take you to a form to fill out. Once you fill it out and it is processed, it will give you the printers warranty information, a case number, and the phone number to call.

HP Technical Support Case Call Form:
http://goo.gl/w7Hgh
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Student
wtimber
Message 3 of 3 (762 Views)

Re: HP LaserJet M1536dnf MFP stores faxes instead of sending them

[ Edited ]

I don't know the solutions however we are having the same issue and the fax works fine when NOT using the sheet feeder but the flatbed scanner instead.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation