08-03-2011 10:22 AM
my HP Laserjet M1120 MFP is recognized by my MacBook Pro (Mac OS X 10.7 and 10.6), but does not scan. When I run Image Capture, no scaner is recognized. When I run Preview, no scaner is recognized. I seem to have no HP application which could scan from this printer.
All along, I am able to print.
Acording to HP online suggestions, I tried to run Apple Update, but no update is available (for OS X 10.7 or 10.6). I tried to remove and reinstall the printer, but ended up in the same situation -- can print, can't scan.
Is there any way to either fully reinstall the printer drivers and utility, or update the current set up so that I can scan?
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers