Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro MFP M477fdw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello All,

I've just bought a new LaserJet M477fdw printer to replace my trusty InkJet 8600...I am running Windows 10 (x64) and have updated printer's firmware to the latest drivers during insallation.

Having set (with great difficulty..) the "Scan to Network" folders, I am now discovering that I don't have an option to scan multiple pages into a single PDF file; instead each time I scan a single page, the M477 saves it as PDF without giving me an option to scan a 2nd, 3rd page onto the same file..

Whereas my 8600 each time I am scanning a page asks me "do you want to scan another page? Yes/No"...onto the M477 I haven't yet managed to find where to you activate this option...

Can anyone please help?

Much apppreciated,

Christos

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I have the same question too. We are used to scan a lot and mostly multiple pages so it makes me very inconvenient if it can only scan one page in a time.

HP Recommended

What firmware version are you on?

HP Recommended

Does it depend on firmware?

HP Recommended

I had same issue today on my 477fnw with 20160331 firmware and solved it:

On the printer,  select:

Scan -> Scan to network folder -> Select your folder -> settings -> Scan source -> Flatbed scanner -> Multiple pages

Now scroll down and choose "Set as new defaults -> Ok".

HP Recommended

If you have Windows 8 or 10 you have to download the HP Scan and Capture app onto your computer and then it works.  You can then set it to even scan from the feeder or glass.  It took me hours to find this fix. It works great now.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.