01-26-2012 02:24 PM
Select "Scan" on your printer and then Select "Scan To" and then select your computer name. One of the options should be Email DOC - PDF. You will need to have an email client (such as MS Outlook) installed on your computer to be able to use this feature. The scanned image will be automatically attached to a message using the default email client.
Click the white Kudos star to say thanks
Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem
09-22-2013 03:38 PM - edited 09-22-2013 03:41 PM
I realize this is an old post and am hoping it is still active. I have spent many, many, many hours trying to get set up to scan to pdf. It will only scan to tiff, png, bmp or jpg and cannot locate *anywhere* that I can select .pdf. Please someone -- help me. I have spent waaaaay too much time on such a simple thing. It is exasperating! Seen lots of answers and uninstalled and reinstalled using different methods. Thank you for your help. Windows 7 on Mac hardware on PC side. Scanner works fine on the Mac side but inconvenient to reboot to scan a document as a pdf.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers