HP Office Jet 4500 How to scan (403 Views)
Student
karaira56
Message 1 of 3 (403 Views)

HP Office Jet 4500 How to scan

How can I scan documents from my HP office jet 4500 to an email

PhD Student
Binary_Zen
Message 2 of 3 (374 Views)

Re: HP Office Jet 4500 How to scan

Select "Scan" on your printer and then Select "Scan To" and then select your computer name. One of the options should be Email DOC - PDF. You will need to have an email client (such as MS Outlook) installed on your computer to be able to use this feature. The scanned image will be automatically attached to a message using the default email client.

Binary_Zen (worked at HP )

Click the white Kudos star to say thanks
Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem
Top Student
janwynns
Message 3 of 3 (108 Views)

Re: HP Office Jet 4500 How to scan

[ Edited ]

I realize this is an old post and am hoping it is still active. I have spent many, many, many hours trying to get set up to scan to pdf. It will only scan to tiff, png, bmp or jpg and cannot locate *anywhere* that I can select .pdf. Please someone -- help me. I have spent waaaaay too much time on such a simple thing. It is exasperating! Seen lots of answers and uninstalled and reinstalled using different methods. Thank you for your help. Windows 7 on Mac hardware on PC side. Scanner works fine on the Mac side but inconvenient to reboot to scan a document as a pdf. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation