04-05-2011 01:48 AM
Using the full software suite (downloaded and installed), does it support scanning to PDF on Windows 7?
I have a client who says a user who is using 7 and the printer in question can't scan to PDF, but can scan to TIF and JPG - now before I go all the way there, I just want to confirm if it's possible.
08-05-2011 02:29 PM
Hey Nick. Yes the 4500 can and will scan to PDF. A client I have is having the same problem so here's what I suggest you try. If you're able to/or have someone remote log in and dowload HP diagnostic tool from HP's site.. Essentially you download, install and run it then click the fix button. That should troubleshoot and fix the problem and after a quick restart of the laptop the printer should be able to scan to PDF.
05-17-2013 03:07 PM
How do you scan documents on the 4500. Its in scan option and when I start it says there are no scan options.
I have been scanning since I bought the printer, but I am getting a message today saying "No scanning options" see hand book, which I can't find. Please help...
05-20-2013 03:40 PM
You don't mention how you are connected to the printer. If everything was working, but now saying there are no scan options, the easiest place to begin, is to simply reboot the printer and computer and then try it again.
Please update me on the current status and I'll be happy to help you get this resolved.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers