12-18-2012 01:56 PM
I've had an HP Officejet 6110 all-in-one printer/scanner/fax for awhile. A few months ago we would get a scanner failure upon initialization. Turning off and then back on cleared it initially; software, partial, and full resets took care of the issue for awhile, but now does not. I downloaded the diagonostic tool and it will not make it through the tool because the all-in-one continues to make a noise at initialization and then locks up with a scanner failure. Is there anything else that can be done to reset the system? This has nothing to do with drivers or OS. The all-in-one will not initialize properly.
12-20-2012 04:03 PM
04-24-2013 07:29 AM
I have a HP 6110 with scanner failure (on initialization) issues. I also have an HP 6110 with a broken glass scanner deck and a short in the power plug in (along with other paper feeder issued - in other words this HP 6110 is used up).
Is it possible to remove the scanner circuitry from the broken printer to the HP 6110 that only has the scanner failure issue?
05-01-2013 08:26 AM
@Patricia611, sorry that you are having problems with the scanner failure and broken pieces.
You will need to contact HP Support (1800-474-6836) and may be able to get a replacement for upgrade.
You will not be able to replace the scanner circuitry from teh broken printer to the 6110.
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers