Question

Student
HawkM
Message 1 of 4 (386 Views)

HP OfficeJet 6110 Scanner Failure

I've had an HP Officejet 6110 all-in-one printer/scanner/fax for awhile.  A few months ago we would get a scanner failure upon initialization.  Turning off and then back on cleared it initially; software, partial, and full resets took care of the issue for awhile, but now does not.  I downloaded the diagonostic tool and it will not make it through the tool because the all-in-one continues to make a noise at initialization and then locks up with a scanner failure.  Is there anything else that can be done to reset the system?  This has nothing to do with drivers or OS.  The all-in-one will not initialize properly.

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 2 of 4 (370 Views)

Re: HP OfficeJet 6110 Scanner Failure

If you've done all the way up to a semi-full reset, then you have done all you can.  I'm sorry, but you will need to get a new printer.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Student
Patricia611
Message 3 of 4 (330 Views)

I have a HP 6110 with scanner failure (on initialization) issues. I also have an HP 6110 with a broken glass scanner deck and a short in the power plug in (along with other paper feeder issued - in other words this HP 6110 is used up).

Is it possible to remove the scanner circuitry from the broken printer to the HP 6110 that only has the scanner failure issue?

Regents Professor
Rudy1906
Message 4 of 4 (308 Views)

@Patricia611, sorry that you are having problems with the scanner failure and broken pieces. 

You will need to contact HP Support (1800-474-6836) and may be able to get a replacement for upgrade. 

You will not be able to replace the scanner circuitry from teh broken printer to the 6110. 

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation