Question

Student
mitchewr
Message 1 of 5 (12,516 Views)

HP OfficeJet 6210 All In One 'Scan' button does not work

[ Edited ]

HP OfficeJet 6210 All In One 'Scan' button does not work.  I am able to scan by running the scanning wizard from the computer, but when I try to scan by just pushing the 'scan' button on the printer it tells me "No scan Options" and "Need to install or run device software for feature".  I went into the scanner's properties and settings and tried to set the action for the 'scan button press' but it's defaulted to the 'take no action' option and all the other options are greyed out.

I am running windows xp 32 bit.

I would really appreciate some help on this issue as I have been scouring the web all morning and haven't really found any solid solutions.  

Thank you.

PhD Student
Praveen_David
Message 2 of 5 (12,500 Views)

Re: HP OfficeJet 6210 All In One 'Scan' button does not work

Couple of things to try first to isolate the issue:

1) Have you installed the full featured software using the printer CD or driver from download webpage?

2) If software is installed, are you able to scan using "HP Director" which is found on the computer desktop screen?

3) Are you able to scan using below procedure:

a) Place a document or picture on the scanner glass

b) Click on Start ==> Run

c) In the Run box type, wiaacmgr, and on OK button. Proceed with on-screen instructions and see if it is working or not.

Finally try HP Scan Diagnostic Utility

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Student
paultnt
Message 3 of 5 (11,983 Views)

[ Edited ]

I really was stumped when I went through all the directions, including reinstalling the full feature software and drivers. (I tried the basic at first, because I was worried about the download time, but on cable it did not take that long - 15 minutes or so). I could scan from HP Director but not from the front panel.

Finally  (in HP Director, Scan Settings) under "Button Settings" I clicked on the "Destination List" and selected first the "HP Document Viewer" (which was the default setting  when I bought the printer) and it worked! That is the Scan button on the front panel of the panel worked using the feeder!

Next I selected "Save to file" and the Scan button saved it directly to a PDF file. This will save me a lot of time (instead of having to fuss with the Document Viewer. Wow, two days of frustration but it was worth it!

Student
DEXTER7
Message 4 of 5 (10,108 Views)

The scan button, when pressed, will now show options but, will not scan. It shows "NO CONNECTION" and there is a connection if I go through the scan option on the pc. The scanning options are removed after I press the scan button and get the message of "NO CONNECTION". HP director is loaded onto my pc and when I click on it windows says the file can't be found and after I click "ok" it loads up, lol. Please help me fix this!

Student
bcwilliamson
Message 5 of 5 (9,112 Views)

th error message says no scan option.you need dto run or install device.

any suggestions?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation