Question

Honor Student
davidgoyen
Message 1 of 4 (564 Views)

HP OfficeJet 6600 fax problem

I am trying to send faxes via this device from an extension off a PABX, but after following all of the instructions in the user guide (dial via the phone handset etc) I cannot communicate with another fax in our organisation. The OfficeJet 6600 works perfectly when connected to a direct line.

Are there any known issues faxing via a phone extension with this device?

Thanks in anticipation.

David

Regents Professor
Rudy1906
Message 2 of 4 (540 Views)

Re: HP OfficeJet 6600 fax problem

Is this PABX a VOIP (Voice Over Internet Phone)? 

Usually the printer will not guarantee sending and receiving fax all the time, because it has a lot of transmitters interrupting between the communication. 

Since this works fine with a single line, then it is something with the PABX. You may have to contact them, and let them know. This seems interested. I would really like to know the results. 

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Honor Student
davidgoyen
Message 3 of 4 (532 Views)

Thanks for your comments and suggestions!

The phone is connected to a PABX. When dialing from the handset (as noted in the user guide) I can certainly hear the usual fax "noises", but then there is a period of total silence, followed by the error "No answer".

We are getting an entirely new PABX (and a new set of handsets - about 80) in a couple of months, so perhaps we might have to wait and try it with the new system.

I will let you know what happens!

Regents Professor
Rudy1906
Message 4 of 4 (520 Views)

i did a little more research and found a link that may give you more assistance with this issue. 

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=buu50333&tmp_task=useCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation