07-12-2010 06:00 PM
I routinely scan documents to a PDF file, and I need this capability. As of this morning, this function no longer works. After scanning the pages and naming the new file, the final processing never made it to completion. It just stalls on processing the last page. I tried multiple times to re-scan and hope for better results, with the same stalled results.
Among the things I've done to try to resolve this problem are: rebooting the computer together with restarting the printer; unplugging the printer and plugging it in again; plugging the printer into the wall; installing HP updates; reinstalling the HP software from the HP website (the large version) after uninstalling the existing software. When all is said and done, this has taken the entire day and I still have the exact same problem.
I also downloaded the HP Scan Diagnostic Utility 2.1. It identified as problems the HP Solution Center (icon=red circle with white X); HP Twain Scan (icon yellow triangle with exclamation point); and HP Scan Flow Manager (same triangular icon). It recommends that I might need to install recent updates (I already did that).
I am very frustrated!!! Can anyone help?
07-15-2010 04:54 PM
I have a similar issue with the HP Officejet 7410 and only multiple pages..Intermittently - like 10% work, so not worth the challenge. I've ran the HP Scan Utility and it says its the network. I run the HP Network Utility and it says it's running fine. It only. HP help!
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers