Question

Student
kodriscoll
Message 1 of 2 (347 Views)

HP OfficeJet 7310xi suddenly isn't scanning successfully

I routinely scan documents to a PDF file, and I need this capability.  As of this morning, this function no longer works.  After scanning the pages and naming the new file, the final processing never made it to completion.  It just stalls on processing the last page.  I tried multiple times to re-scan and hope for better results, with the same stalled results.

Among the things I've done to try to resolve this problem are:  rebooting the computer together with restarting the printer; unplugging the printer and plugging it in again; plugging the printer into the wall; installing HP updates; reinstalling the HP software from the HP website (the large version) after uninstalling the existing software.  When all is said and done, this has taken the entire day and I still have the exact same problem.

I also downloaded the HP Scan Diagnostic Utility 2.1.  It identified as problems the HP Solution Center (icon=red circle with white X); HP Twain Scan (icon yellow triangle with exclamation point); and HP Scan Flow Manager (same triangular icon).  It recommends that I might need to install recent updates (I already did that). 

I am very frustrated!!!  Can anyone help?

Honor Student
tlchhansen
Message 2 of 2 (327 Views)

Re: HP OfficeJet 7310xi suddenly isn't scanning successfully

I have a similar issue with the HP Officejet 7410 and only multiple pages..Intermittently - like 10% work, so not worth the challenge. I've ran the HP Scan Utility and it says its the network. I run the HP Network Utility and it says it's running fine. It only. HP help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation