07-19-2011 02:57 PM
A client of mine has this all-in-one device that is constantly losing its ability to scan. the device is connected via USB and we have changed both the USB cable as well as tried different USB ports.
Printing has never been an issue; however, it seems after a few days, the scanner is no longer available.
Errors are received stating the scanner is not connected. Even the HP utility complains the both the WIA and TWAIN drivers are not working. We've tried turning the device on and off, rebooting the computer, unpluggin the USB cable and every combination between.
The only thing that works, temporarily, is to totally uninistall all of it's drivers, delete the printer, and then reinstall the very same drivers (latest from the product web page). It will then work for a few days and then back to square one.
Is this device just not x64 windows 7 friendly? Any help would be greatly appreciated as we've had to go through the above steps over 6 times now.
TIA for any advice.
09-21-2011 11:34 PM
You may like to check whether there is any program such as, antivirus or firewall etc. blocking the sanner. For examples, if possible, switch off the antivirus and see it the scanner would work.
If it still doesnt work, please kindly collect the detailed user enviroment information and contact service and supports...
contact number varid by countries & products in the folloing list,
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name..
If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly ^!^
01-09-2012 10:47 AM
I take it this was never really resolved? I have the same issues on a Windows XP SP3 32-bit system. Un-installing and re-installing the drivers seems to fix the issue.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers