08-25-2013 08:28 PM
I'm having problem scanning smaller objects when putting them on the glass to a memory device. When i use the ADF it work like it should but when smaller objects don't. FRUSTRATING!!
I was trying to scan a business card, drivers license, or reciept (smaller objects) by placing them on the glass and save them to a memory device but they when morning to the computer they show up blank (blank white pdf). The preview on the screen of the printer looks good when i'm scanning but when i start scan and look at the file on the computer, it shows up as a blank file.
Am i don't something wrong as this is very annoying. Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't (one out of ten times it don't work). Any tips
I'm using the default scanning options except chaning the DPI to 600 (pdf, scan)
Thanks you in advance for your help
08-25-2013 08:37 PM
Please read the following two statements on page #22 of its manual:
You can copy, scan, or fax up to Letter- or A4-size originals by loading them on the glass.
You can copy, scan, or fax a one-sided, single- or multiple-page, A4- or Letter-size document by placing it in the automatic document feeder tray.
From my understanding, users can't scan smaller items using ADF.
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
08-25-2013 09:24 PM
Provost - Thanks for your response! I have read the manual in reference to your reply and still don't understand. :-)
I understand the basic concepts of scanning like which corner to place document and what side needs to be up or down but are you stating in your response that you are NOT able to scan, using the glass, anything smaller than Letter or A4?
I don't believe this to be truth but at the moment I am unable to scan and save consistently. Even sometimes when using the glass to scan and save to a memory device a 8.5 x 11 document saves as a blank white pdf??
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers