Question
HP OfficeJet J6480 / Scanner and Install
Replies (26)

Tutor
roscoep54
Message 21 of 27 (2,748 Views)

Re: HP OfficeJet J6480 / Scanner and Install

I've reinstalled my officejet j6480 software and drivers but am having trouble getting to go wireless.   It just keeps "reconfiguring" and doesnt finish. 

I was using it without any problems, but I recently switched from DSL to Cable ISP service. 

Any ideas?

Honor Student
sesweitzer
Message 22 of 27 (2,706 Views)

Re: HP OfficeJet J6480 / Scanner and Install - OCR Scanning not working

Greetings,

I just migrated to a new Mac (MackBook running 10.6.7) and the OCR part of the scanning program no longer works. I saw that you needed to install from the disk to get OCR working. Since I'd already downloaded and installed the latest software and drivers from HP,  I used the provided Uninstall that came with the most recent Software Driver pkg and then tried to install from Disk. I looks like it works but the scanner software crashes every time I try to use it. I then deleted the printers from my Printer & Fax list and then tried to add them back and it said it was downloading the latest software. Now I have the same looking scanner program I had when I downloaded the latest driver and software and no OCR, though there is a place under the Help menu to register IRIS OCR but registering it doesn't make any difference.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Just for the record, until this program, I've loved the scanner and all in one printer, after initially spending quite a bit of time on the phone getting it hooked up.

Honor Student
terirose22
Message 23 of 27 (2,537 Views)

I also have experienced numerous issues with the scanning and compatibility of our HP Officejet 6480...but I found a way to scan!  We tried using the program HP Photosmart Essential 3.5 from our previous printer, and FINALLY it will scan.  It's still somewhat spotty, but it's better than losing a third of your printer's capability! 

Tutor
roscoep54
Message 24 of 27 (2,533 Views)

thanks terry - its been so long since i posted that message that I'd forgotten that it hadnt been working.  Now I dont remember what I did to get it fixed, but its working! 

Student
bauer
Message 25 of 27 (2,087 Views)

scanner will not work

epi Student
Student
epi
Message 26 of 27 (1,652 Views)

I have an HP Officejet J6480 All-in-One printer and have installed the correct driver (s) but the printer will not scan and it advises that it has no scan options. The printer is about three years old and I have not tried to use the scan option before. I downloaded the drivers today but still no scanner. Why? 

Student
redonion
Message 27 of 27 (1,225 Views)

Buenos dias.

No puedo instalar bien las funciones de mi officejet J6480. No me esta andando el scanner, solo la impresora y la fotocopiadora.

Yo anteriormente pordia imprimir desde el photoshop pero me reinstalaron todo en la computadora y ahora no puedo escanear ni desde el mismo dispositivo.

Mi windows en 7

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation