Question

Tutor
corke
Message 1 of 2 (256 Views)

HP OfficeJet Pro 8500 A909A won't scan

I've had this all-in-one for over a year and a half; working attached to a Windows XP Pro PC; has been functioning  erratically for some time.

The print and fax features work fine, but sometimes the computer cannot "see" the scanner. In the past, I have unplugged the scanner power; replugged, and it started working, then after some time, the scanner ceased functioning again. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the printer software about 5 times since I bought the printer; and every time until now, this worked (the sacnner worked).

Now, it is not working again; I tried unplugging and also uninstalling and reinstalling the software to no avail ... I cannot get the scanner to work. Message: Imaging device is not found.

Regents Professor
Rudy1906
Message 2 of 2 (229 Views)

Re: HP OfficeJet Pro 8500 A909A won't scan

It seems like this may a be a firewall or anti-virus that's blocking the scanner drivers. Try to disable them and then re-install the drivers and software. 

You can also try to run the print and scan doctor.

ttp://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c03275041

Let me know what happens. 

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation