02-08-2013 09:07 AM
I've had this all-in-one for over a year and a half; working attached to a Windows XP Pro PC; has been functioning erratically for some time.
The print and fax features work fine, but sometimes the computer cannot "see" the scanner. In the past, I have unplugged the scanner power; replugged, and it started working, then after some time, the scanner ceased functioning again. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the printer software about 5 times since I bought the printer; and every time until now, this worked (the sacnner worked).
Now, it is not working again; I tried unplugging and also uninstalling and reinstalling the software to no avail ... I cannot get the scanner to work. Message: Imaging device is not found.
02-12-2013 08:55 AM
It seems like this may a be a firewall or anti-virus that's blocking the scanner drivers. Try to disable them and then re-install the drivers and software.
You can also try to run the print and scan doctor.
Let me know what happens.
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
- Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- A Communication or Connection Error Displays When Scanning
- Scan Using Full Feature HP Software (Windows 10)
- HP Photosmart 7510, 7515, ENVY 110, 114 Printers - Restoring eFax Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax