09-09-2010 07:41 PM
I have my HP set up as a network printer at home. Everything works except that Vista won't recognise or install the scanner. I have tried re-installing and also completely wiping (via HP Scrubber Level 4) and reinstalling the full software. I can send scans to my e-mail from the machine but can't do any scan functions via my computer. I also have Windows 7 installed on a seperate drive and everything works perfectly after the installation. I also had this problem with a Canon All in One where the scanner wasn't recognised on Vista but worked perfectly under Windows 7. Obviously I have some problem with Vista in regards to scanners. I have tried everywhere on forums, internet, etc to no avail. The HP Scanner tool isn't any help as the scanner has not been recognised in Vista as no drivers have been loaded. I see enormous amounts of advice that only seems to point to re-installing the HP Software. Any help would be appreciated. I run Windows Vista 32 Bit Home Premium with 2GB Ram. It gives me this extender error information in HP Solution Centre (8, [(1, 0, -21472214960]
09-17-2010 05:05 PM
Is anyone able to help. HP have given up and suggest I reinstall Vista. That's not an option as I can use Windows 7 on a seperate drive and the HP operates flawlessly. There must be a system file that is preventing this in Vista. Anyone????
09-19-2010 08:24 AM
I am having the same problem and have spent over 18 hours with HP support. Everything works except the scanned files do not appear on the HP PC. I have Vista also. I am promised engineering support and then told this issue is not important enough for engineering support to address. I am looking help and solutions. Thanks for voicing the issue.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers