01-07-2013 03:15 AM
1) Have you installed the printer software?
2) Are you able to initiate a scan from the computer?
Double click on the HP solution Center icon on the destop and click on "scan picture" or "scan document". Does it work?
For scan to work from the computer, the printer software should be installed.
If you have installed the software and are able to scan from "HP solution center", then follow the document below which addresses the "No scan options" issue.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers