Question

Student
zaysmom
Message 1 of 6 (871 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Officejet 4500 Wireless paper mismatch problems

Hey! I sure hope you can help!!! I have an HP Officejet 4500 Wireless printer connected through my wireless router running on Windows Vista and it will not copy correctly. When I put something on the glass to copy, it says "Error" Incorrect Paper Size. Load different media or change copy paper size settings." Even using the HP solution center did not help. When I used the solution center, the copy only printed on 1/4 of the paper. I am so frustrated by this and I cannot seem to fix it!

Distinguished Professor
SeanS
Message 2 of 6 (850 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 4500 Wireless paper mismatch problems

Hey Zaysmom. :smileyhappy: There are a few different reasons that this can happen. First insert a fresh stack of paper in the paper tray. If it printer identifies an incorrect paper size or no paper at all it can cause this message. Does this only happen when scanning? 

Try running the HP Print & Scan Doctor to see if it is able to resolve your issue. If it does not resolve the issue, post back with any new details and we will continue from there.

Thanks!

Sean 

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Honor Student
Dejavue
Message 3 of 6 (599 Views)

Copier works fine from computer documents but wll not copy anything along...says paper mismatch...NOT!  NOt sre if fax works..have not had opportunity to try.

Regents Professor
lions99
Message 4 of 6 (592 Views)

@Dejavue, have you tried the steps given above from SeanS

Remember if you find any of my post helpful or want to say thanks make sure to click the white star under my name to give me Kudos.

I really appreciate it!

THX
Honor Student
Dejavue
Message 5 of 6 (562 Views)

My printer will copy and print documents from my computer, but it will not just copy anything on the printer glass.  Constantly get Paper mismatech problems whichis NOT true!  Have done this over and over  Have also followed all the instructions from HP as far as unplugging cables etc for 30 minutes and trying agian.  STill the same problem.  Can't understand why there is no other problem!  Saw I was told to go to MY profile and uncheck something....where is MY  profile????

Regents Professor
lions99
Message 6 of 6 (558 Views)

OK, so you're saying you can print fine, but when you make a stand alone copy on the printer, you get the paper mismatch error message. Correct?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation