Question

Honor Student
grantstonesr
Message 1 of 5 (148 Views)

HP Officejet 4580 all-in-one

I have this printer, and suddenly I cannot fax, copy, scan. I tried reinstalling the device, and it worked for a while. But then I'll try to fax, and it does not work. When I try loading document into feeder, it does not 'see' it. Any suggestions?

Regents Professor
Rudy1906
Message 2 of 5 (132 Views)

It seems you may be having a hardware issue with the printer. You can contact HP Support (1800-474-6836).

A few suggestions would be to perform a hard reset. Unplug the power cord from the back of the printer. Leave it out for 30 seconds, and plug it back in.

What does it do when you try to fax? Does it give you a error message or anything? Run the Fax Test and see the results.

For the feeder, here is a link that will assist you on the "No Pick".
http://goo.gl/fjCi9
**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Honor Student
grantstonesr
Message 3 of 5 (130 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 4580 all-in-one

When I try to fax, assuming the paper is 'accepted' in the ADF, it dials, does the fax beeps, and then gives a failure that the device cannot scan, copy, or fax. I was told that this is a power failure issue with the device. I will probably just replace the printer, but it seems odd that after 3+ years this failed all of a sudden, with no warning.

Regents Professor
Rudy1906
Message 4 of 5 (125 Views)

Yes this is a Power failure issue. Here is a link that may help.
http://goo.gl/lURpC

Most of the time, the printer has gone out. If you are looking for another unit, contact HP Support (1800-474-6836). You can qualify for a discounted rate on a upgrade and up to 90% off the warranty on it.
**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Honor Student
grantstonesr
Message 5 of 5 (124 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 4580 all-in-one

I called them, and they had 3 different refurbished printers to offer, for little money. Thing is, I am out of work right now..... Thanks,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation