Question

Student
I_am_Jon
Message 1 of 3 (4,984 Views)

HP Officejet 4620 - Error 351 sending fax

[ Edited ]

Just got a HP Officejet 4620 to replace an old fax machine.

I seem to be able to send and receive faxes but I always get an Error 351 result when sending even though the recipient seems to get the fax ok. Unfortunately I only have one fax number to test sending to. Fax speed: medium (14400), and Error correction mode : On (I tried turning this off and got a 346 error instead).

Not sure if the line is serial or parallel, just went with the default option in the setup (i'm in the UK, serial?). However the packaged phone cable and dongle failed the 'Using correct type of phone cord' test so I switched to the one from the old machine which passed all the tests. The fax is on it's own dedicated number but still needs to dial 9 to dial / fax out.

Any ideas what the problem is?

Distinguished Professor
Shirlzz1
Message 2 of 3 (4,963 Views)

HP Officejet 4620 - Error 351 sending fax

[ Edited ]

The definition for that error code can be found here in the document which I set for the UK. Both errors point to a problem with the remote fax machine. Look up the error code and it will define it and provide solutions. I hope that this helps.

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
Student
Roger588
Message 3 of 3 (2,490 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 4620 - Error 351 sending fax

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation