12-05-2012 09:44 AM - edited 12-05-2012 10:02 AM
Just got a HP Officejet 4620 to replace an old fax machine.
I seem to be able to send and receive faxes but I always get an Error 351 result when sending even though the recipient seems to get the fax ok. Unfortunately I only have one fax number to test sending to. Fax speed: medium (14400), and Error correction mode : On (I tried turning this off and got a 346 error instead).
Not sure if the line is serial or parallel, just went with the default option in the setup (i'm in the UK, serial?). However the packaged phone cable and dongle failed the 'Using correct type of phone cord' test so I switched to the one from the old machine which passed all the tests. The fax is on it's own dedicated number but still needs to dial 9 to dial / fax out.
Any ideas what the problem is?
12-06-2012 10:05 AM - edited 12-06-2012 10:05 AM
The definition for that error code can be found here in the document which I set for the UK. Both errors point to a problem with the remote fax machine. Look up the error code and it will define it and provide solutions. I hope that this helps.
- Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- A Communication or Connection Error Displays When Scanning
- Scan Using Full Feature HP Software (Windows 10)
- HP Photosmart 7510, 7515, ENVY 110, 114 Printers - Restoring eFax Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax