10-13-2012 09:14 AM
I'm currently using a win 7 64 bit laptop. I have installed the network printer and link it up.
However, i'm unable to scan any documents from the printer to my laptop over the wireless network.
It would say "Starting to Scan" then " could not complete Connection to computer has been lost or OCR app is not installed on computer".
However when i try to scan using the web server or via the HP Printer Assistant, i'm able to scan the document.
Please help me out.
11-08-2012 09:26 AM
You could try to uninstall your software and drivers and re-install.
Before you do that, here is a link below that you can run first, and see the results.
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
04-09-2014 02:25 PM
I was having the same problem with my scanner. I've used it successfully ever since I bought the printer several months, but just stopped working today (printing still works). I am using a direct USB connection to a Windows 7 Pro PC.
I installed the Print and Scan doctor and that did the trick - scanning now works again. The app didn't explain what had gone wrong, but I'm going to look forward, not backwards. Thanks.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers