HP Officejet 4620 won't scan to computer (26312 Views)
Tutor
Geo68
Message 11 of 69 (7,335 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 4620 won't scan to computer

I checked for firmware updates for the printer none found

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 12 of 69 (7,330 Views)

I'm wondering if the HP Rediscoverable port is causing the problem.  Try assigning the printer to use a standard TCP/IP port.

To assign a standard TCP/IP port:

1. Click on the Start menu.
  2. Click on Devices and Printers.
  3. Right-click on your printer.
  4. Select Printer Properties.
  5. Click on the ports tab.
  6. Click on Add Port.
  7. Select HP Standard TCP/IP Port.
  8. Follow the instructions in the wizard that pops up.
  9. Make sure the check box next to the new port is checked.
  10. Click Apply.
  11. Click OK.
  12. Test the scanner.

Let me know what happens.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Tutor
Geo68
Message 13 of 69 (7,326 Views)

I did as you instructed however there was no HP Standard TCP/IP Port just Standard *** I followed same message scanner unable to commincate if i try from the printer directly i get connection lost or OCR not installed

Tutor
Geo68
Message 14 of 69 (7,309 Views)

is anyone still on this issue?

Intern
Woody_Dutch
Message 15 of 69 (7,306 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

If both (network&usb) connections not work with the scanner , it looks if there is something with the bi-directional communication in the unit, not sure if you are able to standalone copy ? If yes, I would recommend to use a very short usb cable without any non powered usb hubs connected, a powered usb hub could increase the usb communication signal so that is advisable. max 1.5 mtr usb cable, if that not helps connect a powered usb hub in between. Also make sure that if you work on a notebook to use the power wall socket and not the battery, this can sometimes also increase the communication signal. Try also the build-in Windows scan option (Paint->import scan), let me know the outcome please..

Tutor
Geo68
Message 16 of 69 (7,295 Views)

its connected to a desktop the printer is on the other side of the room it has never been connected via USB its only a month old I attempted the Paint scan it said Unable to retrieve picture from device. Verify device is connected and try again when I tried this there are 3 printers listed 2 for the 4620 one that says *network* the other doesn't and the third an old HP J4680 the same the scan doctor program saw when I ran it there is no 4680 software installed according to the Remove Programs list however

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 17 of 69 (7,294 Views)

Sorry.  I was out of the office for the weekend.  It's a longshot, but I've seen it work before.  Try setting your router to only broadcast on a 802.11g signal range only.  The mix of different signal ranges can sometimes confuse the printer.  You can also try turning off the IPv6 feature in your network settings on the computer.

To disable IPv6:

1. In the systems tray, right-click on your network connection.
  2. Select Open Network and Sharing Center.
  3. On the left side of the window, click Change adapter settings.
  4. Select your network connection.
  5. At the top of the window click on the >> symbol.
  6. Select Change settings of this connection.
  7. Uncheck the box next to Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6).
  8. Click OK.

Let me know what happens when you try those steps.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Tutor
Geo68
Message 18 of 69 (7,293 Views)

how do I set the router to new signal range? I know how to get to the control panel

Tutor
Geo68
Message 19 of 69 (7,292 Views)

ok I Uncheck the box next to Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) but I am not sure how to change the router signal I am at routerlogin I dont know where to change

Tutor
Geo68
Message 20 of 69 (7,288 Views)

according to the printer the IP is 192.168.1.4  this is what the router says the IP is also it sees 2 printers 

Router.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation