06-17-2009 11:29 PM
When attempting to scan HP Solution Center issues a message stating: "An error occurred communicating with the scanning device. Please ensure that the scanning device is connected properly and try again." Scanning via Microsoft Paint works perfectly (as does scanning using the device's embedded web server). An attempt at uninstallation and reinstallation (plus subsequent installation of critical update 'slp_dd_hathi_110_017.exe') did not resolve the issue; critical update 'ConvergedIO_HPCOM_V3.exe' does not install (a message stating "This update does not support any of the HP device drivers that you have on your PC. You do not need this software update." is displayed).
Since we were able to solve the intermittent connectivity issue more than a year after the laptop and multi-function device were originally purchased we have not given up hope: it would be great to solve this last remaining problem (which ultimately prohibits the device from being as useful with Windows Vista as it is with our family's iMac)!
07-27-2009 03:53 PM
I have a 7310 with a Dell laptop running Windows Vista with the same issue. This did not start until I recently converted to U Verse.
08-08-2009 03:15 AM
I have had the same problem with a network connected 6310 and a Sony Vaio VGC-JS1 desktop running Vista SP1. I have followed and implemeted all the advice given by HP, but still have the problem. The 6310 worked very well under XP on various desktops. I can scan in "native" mode, using the IP address of the scanner, but the results are not totally compliant with my requirements (eg cannot scan coloured text into PDF).
I believe that this may be a vista driver problem, rather than hardware.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers