Question

Student
lenalena111
Message 1 of 1 (539 Views)

HP Officejet 6500 Wireless E709n - Scanning Problems

Hi,

I have a MacBook and use Mac OS X Version 10.5.8

I've had the Officejet 6500 for a while now, and it mostly works great. It prints great. But the scanning is the problem. I just want to scan some photos. And about a month ago, I would have been able to. But my dad fiddled around with the printer and know it won't allow me to scan anything to my computer. If I select Scan, it takes me to Scan Menu: Select computer. I then hit 'OK' and I get the following message: No Scan Options, Refer to Device Documentation for Troubleshooting. Any help here?

If I insert an SD card (like the ones used in digital cameras), the printer will allow me to scan to the card. But when I put the card into a camera so I can connect the camera to the computer and upload the photos, the scans don't show up anywhere. Not on the camera and not on my computer. Am I scanning them incorrectly. I've been doing the following: Scan > Scan Menu. Then I arrow over until it says "Scan to memory Device." I hit "OK" then under "Scan Quality" I select "Photo." Then, under "Doc Type" I select "JPEG" and under "Paper Size" I select "Automatic". Then I press "Scan" and the scanner does its stuff and a message appears that says "Scan saved to memory device". But when I try to check the memory device on a camera or computer, the scans are no where to be found.

Does anyone have any tips or help for me? I would really appreciate it! Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation