HP Officejet 6600 won't scan when initiated from printer's panel- Windows Vista x64 (1549 Views)
Honor Student
BenDubuc
Message 1 of 4 (1,549 Views)

HP Officejet 6600 won't scan when initiated from printer's panel- Windows Vista x64

Hello.

I have an officejet 6600 that won't scan to the computer when initiating scan from the printer.  It recognizes the computer but instead of scanning, I get an error message saying the printer cannot be found.

Printer is connected through wireless.

I ran the HP Print and scan doctor and it fails at the following in the scan tests: HP TWAIN   and   Windows Scanning (WIA), where it asks for which device to use but the printer is not in the list

Scanning from the internal web server works fine

This printer is used at my wife's cakeshop and she is not a technical person at all.  We chose this printer because everything was suppose to work from the printer's control panel.  Scanning is done very often and with multiple pages, so scanning from the web server is out of the question.

We also have the same printer at home, connected with USB, and we have the same problem.  Both PCs run Vista x64 and had HP printers before we changed both for officejet 6600s

I uninstalled the software, installed from the CD that came with the printer, and reinstalled with package available on the Internet.  I am pretty sure it is up to date.  Note that we ar eusing the French version of the software/drivers.

I am a computer programmer and part time computer technician so you cna be quite technical with me :smileywink:

I hope we can fix this issue as it is quite annoying...

Thanks,

Ben

Professor
Charles001
Message 2 of 4 (1,534 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 6600 won't scan when initiated from printer's panel- Windows Vista x64

To be able to "scan to" a computer, the full HP driver software needs to be installed; and the "scan to" button destination configured through the HP software (most people choose "save to file", but you should be able to send to powerpoint, word, paint, photoshop etc.)
======================================================================================
* I am an HP employee. *

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

***Click on White “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!***
Honor Student
BenDubuc
Message 3 of 4 (1,529 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 6600 won't scan when initiated from printer's panel- Windows Vista x64

I did install the full software package.  When scanning to a PC, I get all the proper screens (choice of PDF or JPG, PC name and all that), but when it should start scanning, I get the following error on the PC: "Printer cannot be found".  Actually, the error appears when the scan is initiated from the printer and also from the PC.

Thanks

Honor Student
BenDubuc
Message 4 of 4 (1,514 Views)

Is there a phone number I could call to get help on this matter?  The printer is only a couple of weeks old so I'm thinking I do have full support for this, no?

:smileyfrustrated:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation