07-31-2013 02:40 PM
I have an officejet 6600 that won't scan to the computer when initiating scan from the printer. It recognizes the computer but instead of scanning, I get an error message saying the printer cannot be found.
Printer is connected through wireless.
I ran the HP Print and scan doctor and it fails at the following in the scan tests: HP TWAIN and Windows Scanning (WIA), where it asks for which device to use but the printer is not in the list
Scanning from the internal web server works fine
This printer is used at my wife's cakeshop and she is not a technical person at all. We chose this printer because everything was suppose to work from the printer's control panel. Scanning is done very often and with multiple pages, so scanning from the web server is out of the question.
We also have the same printer at home, connected with USB, and we have the same problem. Both PCs run Vista x64 and had HP printers before we changed both for officejet 6600s
I uninstalled the software, installed from the CD that came with the printer, and reinstalled with package available on the Internet. I am pretty sure it is up to date. Note that we ar eusing the French version of the software/drivers.
I am a computer programmer and part time computer technician so you cna be quite technical with me
I hope we can fix this issue as it is quite annoying...
07-31-2013 03:47 PM
* I am an HP employee. *
** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
***Click on White “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!***
07-31-2013 05:03 PM
I did install the full software package. When scanning to a PC, I get all the proper screens (choice of PDF or JPG, PC name and all that), but when it should start scanning, I get the following error on the PC: "Printer cannot be found". Actually, the error appears when the scan is initiated from the printer and also from the PC.
08-01-2013 02:26 PM
Is there a phone number I could call to get help on this matter? The printer is only a couple of weeks old so I'm thinking I do have full support for this, no?
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers