Question

Top Student
gweilo2014
Message 1 of 3 (436 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Officejet 6600

When scanning on my previous HP printer it saved the scanned file under "Scan_Doc****"  whereby ****  was a number such as 0001. The next scan was then saved as Scan_Doc0002 and so on. This was all done automatically without me ever changing anything.

Now I have the Officejet 6600 and when saving a scan it is being saved as "Scan" and if I scan again it wants to save it as "Scan" again and tells me "Scan.pdf already exists. Do you want to replace it?"

Does anybody out there know why this feature of automatic consecutive numbering doesn't work with the 6600. Or am I doing something wrong?

BTW the file name in the Save As window is called Scan.

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 3 (418 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 6600

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Open the HP Officejet 6600 software, then click on Scan a document or Photo.

Select the required scan shortcut, then click the Advanced Settings link.

Open the Destination tab, be sure to UnCheck the box next to Show Save As dialog box and click OK.

Complete a scan job by clicking the Scan button, the settings should remain from now on.

Any scan using the specified shortcut (either from the HP Software or the printer front panel) should be named as Scan00* from now on.

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Top Student
gweilo2014
Message 3 of 3 (414 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 6600

Thanks a lot Shlomil, it works and you made my day.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation