07-15-2014 08:11 PM - edited 07-15-2014 08:37 PM
Product name: HP Officejet 6700 Premium (all-in-one printer)
Operating system: Windows 8
When I recieve a fax from someone, the phone rings, and a message appears on the printer screen with an "accept" button. When I press "accept", the fax successfully prints. BUT if I don't press "accept," then the fax is unsuccessful and is not saved anywhere for me to view. The land line phone's answering machine answers the "call" but the messages are always multiple beeps, because the incomming call is from a fax machine and not a real person.
I ran the fax test report and everything passed. I have "auto-answer" turned ON, and I have "call forwarding" turned OFF.
Is there any way to have the printer automatically answer the fax call AND PRINT the recieved fax automatically?
07-17-2014 01:48 PM
Welcome to the forums Kelsey25
I saw your post about your Officejet 6700 not answering the fax automatically when you have the Auto-Answer On. You mentioned that you also have an answering machine. I would suggest checking the rings to answer setting on the printer and ensure it's set to a lesser amount of rings than your answering machine, or the answering machine will answer your faxes, which I believe is happening.
For example, if your answering machine answers on 6 rings, set your fax "Ring to Answer" to 4 rings.
From the front panel of the printer:
Select the right arrow and select Setup
Select Fax Setup
Select Basic Fax Setup and change the rings to answer
The faxes should now automatically be answered after whichever rings you have chosen, and print the faxes out for you.
Let me know if this worked or if you ran into any trouble!
I work on behalf of HP
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers