Question

Student
Kelsey25
Message 1 of 2 (154 Views)

HP Officejet 6700- Faxes won't print automatically

[ Edited ]

Product name: HP Officejet 6700 Premium (all-in-one printer)

Operating system: Windows 8

When I recieve a fax from someone, the phone rings, and a message appears on the printer screen with an "accept" button. When I press "accept", the fax successfully prints. BUT if I don't press "accept," then the fax is unsuccessful and is not saved anywhere for me to view. The land line phone's answering machine answers the "call" but the messages are always multiple beeps, because the incomming call is from a fax machine and not a real person.

I ran the fax test report and everything passed. I have "auto-answer" turned ON, and I have "call forwarding" turned OFF.

Is there any way to have the printer automatically answer the fax call AND PRINT the recieved fax automatically?

HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 2 of 2 (120 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 6700- Faxes won't print automatically

Welcome to the forums Kelsey25:smileyhappy:

I saw your post about your Officejet 6700 not answering the fax automatically when you have the Auto-Answer On. You mentioned that you also have an answering machine. I would suggest checking the rings to answer setting on the printer and ensure it's set to a lesser amount of rings than your answering machine, or the answering machine will answer your faxes, which I believe is happening.

For example, if your answering machine answers on 6 rings, set your fax "Ring to Answer" to 4 rings.

From the front panel of the printer:

Select the right arrow and select Setup

Select Fax Setup

Select Basic Fax Setup and change the rings to answer

The faxes should now automatically be answered after whichever rings you have chosen, and print the faxes out for you.

Let me know if this worked or if you ran into any trouble!

Happy Thursday:smileyhappy:

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation