Question

Student
Melissa1962
Message 1 of 2 (170 Views)

HP Officejet 6700 Premium - trying to fax using an AT&T wireless home phone

My husband and I just moved and thought we were pretty smart and economical getting one of the new AT&T wireless home phones. You just plug the little device into your existing phone use the phone like a land line. The nice part is when we move again in a year, we can take the wireless device with us and use the same phone number no matter where we move to. HOWEVER, faxing from our HP Officejet 6700 Premium does not work. We tried connecting the printer's phone line with and without the DSL filter provided with no luck. I researched on the AT&T Wireless Home Phone site and saw the caveat at the bottom about unsupported equipment (home security systems, fax machines, Life Alert, etc.) Does anyone know of a workaround to this problem, or do I have to get a land line to fax?

Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 2 of 2 (151 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 6700 Premium - trying to fax using an AT&T wireless home phone

Hey Melissa1962,

Wireless devices of this nature do not use dial tones in the manner that an analog landline will use.  You will have to get a landline phone for faxing to work.

Jason

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation