06-25-2013 06:36 PM
My husband and I just moved and thought we were pretty smart and economical getting one of the new AT&T wireless home phones. You just plug the little device into your existing phone use the phone like a land line. The nice part is when we move again in a year, we can take the wireless device with us and use the same phone number no matter where we move to. HOWEVER, faxing from our HP Officejet 6700 Premium does not work. We tried connecting the printer's phone line with and without the DSL filter provided with no luck. I researched on the AT&T Wireless Home Phone site and saw the caveat at the bottom about unsupported equipment (home security systems, fax machines, Life Alert, etc.) Does anyone know of a workaround to this problem, or do I have to get a land line to fax?
06-26-2013 01:02 PM
Wireless devices of this nature do not use dial tones in the manner that an analog landline will use. You will have to get a landline phone for faxing to work.
I am not an HP employee.
- Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- A Communication or Connection Error Displays When Scanning
- Scan Using Full Feature HP Software (Windows 10)
- HP Photosmart 7510, 7515, ENVY 110, 114 Printers - Restoring eFax Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax