Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

Windows 7 Home premium 64-bit

HP Recommended

Windows 7 home premium 64-bit

HP Recommended

Sorry I should have asked this a minute ago.  Guess I blanked.  Are you getting any error messages?  What firewall and anti-virus are you using?  What encyrption type does your router use?  What brand and model router are you using?  What firmware version is on the router?  Have you tried using the HP Print and Scan Dr. to clear up the problem?  If so, what happened?

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

Printing works flawlessley. No errors the hp software says it does not see printer, mcafee, we use a Mac router. I have not tried hp scan and print dr I will now and follow up. ty.

HP Recommended

I tried the utility and it only gives an option to repair printing which works fine.

HP Recommended

I'm betting that McAfee is causing the problem.  Disable McAfee and see what happens.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

This was the issue thank you for your time and help.

HP Recommended

No problem.  So you don't have to disable McAfee everytime you want to scan, you should open the prots below in the firewall.  That should stop McAfee from blocking communication.

HP printer ports

UDP

TCP

Acronym

Definition

Used for

NetBIOS

network Basic Input/Output System - (basic communication)

UDP: Printing, Photo Card Upload

NetBIOS

UDP: Photo Card Upload

NetBIOS

TCP: PhotoCard Upload

SNMP

Simple Network Management Protocol - Monitering network attached devices

UDP: Printing

SLP

Service Location Protocol (finding out what things can do on the network)

UDP: Printing, Photo Card Upload, Scanning, Faxing, Installation

PDL

page description language - printer control language (how does the page you want printed look)

TCP: Printing

TCP: Scanning, Faxing

TCP: Scanning

Signature
HP Recommended

Won't scan - network connection and drivers and software reinstalled twice. Still running XP. Won't fax either, but will print.

HP Recommended

Does this happen after the printer and computer have been on for a while?

Signature
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.