Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

Hello,

My new printer is connected wireless to my network.  It prints fine.

It will NOT scan ontop my computer unless I physically connect it with a usb cord.

I tried going into the HP Utility folder to confirm the Scan Settings are on but it will not show me this icon (when connected wireless).

If i'm connected through the USB cord the Scan Settings icon does show up and it is indeed enabled.

Thanks for the help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I'm betting that McAfee is causing the problem.  Disable McAfee and see what happens.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature

View solution in original post

53 REPLIES 53
HP Recommended

From the programs your describing I'm betting your using a Mac, but I need to know what version so I can best help you.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

Thanks for the response!

Yes I am using a MAC (OS X) and I have yet to fix the problem.

Thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

Which version of OSX 10.5, 10.6, or 10.7?

Signature
HP Recommended

HP Recommended

First thing I would do is make sure the firmware is up to date.  Firmware updates might improve the functions of the printer if they are avaliable.  To update the printer's firmware:

1. Touch the ePrint button in the upper left corner of the touch screen.
  2. If the Web Services are not enabled, you will need to enable them to download the latest firmware.
  3. If the Web Services are enabled, touch settings.
  4. Touch Printer Update.
  5. If there is a firmware update, you will be prompted to download it.  If there isn't one it will tell you the printer is up to date.

Other than that, there is an update for OSX version 10.7, but it may work on 10.6, may not work at all on 10.6 either though.  If that doesn't help, let me know and I'll see what I can find.

Signature
HP Recommended
I just updated the firmware and it still will not scan.

I just realized that my problem is that it will not scan wireless when I push the "Scan" button on the printer. It will say "No Computer Found. To scan to a computer, make sure the feature is enabled".

It WILL scan wireless when I operate the scan from my actual computer.

My goal is to be able to just hit the Scan button on the printer (wireless connection) and have it scan directly onto my desktop without having to go into my actual computer to do everything.
HP Recommended

Oh.  You just need to activate the scan to computer option in the software.  Here are instruction that lay out how to do it.  It may not be an option on the Mac OS though.  It doesn't say for sure one way or the other in the document, but the software options should be similar on the different OS's.  Just look for something in the software options that says scan to computer and that should be what you need.  

Signature
HP Recommended

I have gone to this and I cannot scan from printer toHP Officejet 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer - H711n to computer on wireless network

HP Recommended

What OS are you using?

Signature
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.