07-09-2012 02:53 PM
My new printer is connected wireless to my network. It prints fine.
It will NOT scan ontop my computer unless I physically connect it with a usb cord.
I tried going into the HP Utility folder to confirm the Scan Settings are on but it will not show me this icon (when connected wireless).
If i'm connected through the USB cord the Scan Settings icon does show up and it is indeed enabled.
Thanks for the help!
Solved! View Solution.
Re: HP Officejet 6700 Premium - won't scan wireless
09-11-2012 03:26 PM
I'm betting that McAfee is causing the problem. Disable McAfee and see what happens.
07-10-2012 04:52 PM
07-10-2012 05:16 PM
07-10-2012 06:18 PM
First thing I would do is make sure the firmware is up to date. Firmware updates might improve the functions of the printer if they are avaliable. To update the printer's firmware:
- Touch the ePrint button in the upper left corner of the touch screen.
- If the Web Services are not enabled, you will need to enable them to download the latest firmware.
- If the Web Services are enabled, touch settings.
- Touch Printer Update.
- If there is a firmware update, you will be prompted to download it. If there isn't one it will tell you the printer is up to date.
Other than that, there is an update for OSX version 10.7, but it may work on 10.6, may not work at all on 10.6 either though. If that doesn't help, let me know and I'll see what I can find.
07-10-2012 06:33 PM
I just realized that my problem is that it will not scan wireless when I push the "Scan" button on the printer. It will say "No Computer Found. To scan to a computer, make sure the feature is enabled".
It WILL scan wireless when I operate the scan from my actual computer.
My goal is to be able to just hit the Scan button on the printer (wireless connection) and have it scan directly onto my desktop without having to go into my actual computer to do everything.
07-10-2012 07:50 PM
Oh. You just need to activate the scan to computer option in the software. Here are instruction that lay out how to do it. It may not be an option on the Mac OS though. It doesn't say for sure one way or the other in the document, but the software options should be similar on the different OS's. Just look for something in the software options that says scan to computer and that should be what you need.
- Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- A Communication or Connection Error Displays When Scanning
- Scan Using Full Feature HP Software (Windows 10)
- HP Photosmart 7510, 7515, ENVY 110, 114 Printers - Restoring eFax Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax