Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

How far is the printer from the router?

Some antivirus and firewall software can stay on in the background even though you turned it off.  What antivirus and firewall software do you use?

Since you installed the printer from the CD you may have out of date software, and that is causing the problem.  Try downloading and installing the latest version of the software.  I'll link it below.  Make sure to uninstall the software you have now before installing the new software.  Let me know what happens.

HP Officejet Full Feature Software and Driver

Uninstalling the Printer Software

Installing the Printer Software on a Wireless or Wired (Ethernet) Network

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

Downloading the latest driver fixed the problem!

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Having the same issue here with HP officejet 6700. On a MAC 10.6.8. Opened the HP Utility and not finding any kind of Scan Setting options. Can scan from desktop just fine, but cannot scan to computer from the printer. Please help!

HP Recommended

Do you have all the software from HP installed, or just the HP Utility?

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

I installed everything on the disk.

HP Recommended

That may be the problem.  The disks are typically out of date before they get out of the factory.  Uninstall all of the HP software you have, and reinstall it using the link below.  That will give you the latest software, and should guarantee that the HP software isn't out of date.  I'll include some links to steps and the download you need.  Let me know what happens.

Uninstalling the Printer Software

Installing the Printer Software in Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) for a USB Connection

Installing the Printer Software on a Wireless or Wired (Ethernet) Network

HP Officejet Full Feature Software and Driver - Mac OS X 10.6, OS X 10.7, OS X 10.8

Signature
HP Recommended

will do. Thanks!

HP Recommended

Didn't work. 😞 

Any other ideas?

HP Recommended

I got it to work by following this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03548824

HP Recommended

what do I need to do to allow scanning from printer to computer?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.