Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

If you're on a Mac, follow this:http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03548824

I'm on 10.6.8 and it worked. Also read above. good luck.

HP Recommended

Hi there i bought my HP officejet 6700 premium the other month.

I set it up and it has been working fine until i installed a recent firmware update.

I can still print over the wifi check the printers levels etc in the utility and scan when connected with the usb.

But i can no longer scan over the wifi. when i try to enable the scan over wifi it just says error in connection.

I have tried resetting my laptop, the printer, my wifi and even reinstalled all the software for the printer on my mac.

Could you please advise..

HP Recommended

See if the steps in the document below will fix the problem.  Let me know what happens.

Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

I read all these posts and I think I didn't find my problem. In my case I always get the message "The HP Officejet 6700 was not found". I use win7, and I get this message whether I try to scan wirelessly with Adobe or any other scan software, or even HP Scan.

Thanks.

HP Recommended
Fixed it, sorry for this. Didn't configure the scanner properly.
HP Recommended

It appears this new replacement for my old HP doesn't come with HP Director.

I want to do some photos, and want to scan them directly into pc.

Is This model Officejet 6700 premium capable of doing this, or did I buy the wrong 3 in one?

Thanks,

Henry

HP Recommended

I have the same issue. HP did a remote session, followed your steps, still unable to scan. It says not connected. I am connected wireless. HP  was unable to determine the cause after a hour and a half. Uninstall/reinstall all software, restarted printer and pc, still can't connect.

HP Recommended

Hey, I am very disappointed in the Officejet 6700. I have spent the better part of 2 days getting it hooked up as my Network printer. I have installed and uninstalled more times than I can count. I have used Doctor Printer and Scanner multiple times. I have finally got to the point that the printer is installed as the network printer and it actually prints. But the main reason I replaced my old HP is /was HP doesn't support the driver any more. Why oh why did I get another HP. There I feel better. Now, when trying to use the scanner I get HP Officejet 6700 (network) not found. The destination on the printer to computer is Gary-Desktop-PC. So I am betting the path is the problem. But, I have done as recommended on this forum and used Doctor P/S. And it has told me to unplug the printer replug and restart the computer. Then, it tells me that the Twain is in use by another device and to uninstall the software and reinstall. I just can't believe doing it one more time will correct the problem. Now I grant you my Dell Dimension Desktop is old, but it has enought left to power this thing. Please help resolve this  for me. I can/will uninstall one more time if necessary, but if I can't resolve this I will box it back up and take it back to Costco and try something else. Would you having Doctor P/S and the HP install fix say something about the quality of this software. Notice I didn't say Hardware.

HP Recommended

HP is taking mine back. I had a similar issue. I did a remote session with HP,  that took 1.5 hrs, issue not fixed. They told me the same thing you did. Didn't work for me either.P/S did no good. I got fed up.  Before that i went thru 6 e6520 printers with network issues. HP did work with me in replacing those then upgraded me to the 6700, they stated they had very few issues with network connections. I did print wireless but never could scan. I finally said enough & ask for a refund. I'll try the Epson XP 610 next.

HP Recommended
Thanks for your post
I will likely return as well. Thought some might have the magic.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.