01-31-2012 09:26 AM
My new HP Pav-dv7 Laptop computer's "scan to computer activated" program works just fine. But on my HP Pav-HPE Desktop computer, it does not work.
Please send a step-by-step instruction on how to get my Desktop "scan to computer activated" to work. Thanks . . .
03-09-2012 10:56 AM
When I updated my PC to windows 7, 32 bit, despite all of HP's recommendations, I cannot get the scanner to work for the wireless HP Officejet Pro 8500A Plus. It will not activate. The printer works fine. I thought it was a driver issue, however, HP has not updated the driver thai I know of. HELP PLEASE ASAP
Very frustrated in Upper Marlboro
03-09-2012 11:08 AM
This worked for me. It said I had two 8500A computers on USB and the other was Network I double clicked on the Network one and then I could see the Scan Actibvate option.
03-09-2012 02:46 PM
After performed "ACTIVATE SCAN TO COMPUTER" and finally came to press "Start Scan" on the printer control panel, I got the
error message: " Connection error, the connection to the computer has been lost, Or HP scan application cannot detect the OCR software, Check the computer Screen...." What can I do? Help!!
03-13-2012 07:35 AM
You need to enable 2 services (activate & start)
1) Shell Hardware Detection
2) Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)
Go to start and type "services.msc" press enter, switch to standard (at the bottom) and look for the 2 i mentioned above.
Hope it works
03-14-2012 10:39 AM
Thank you so much for your kind Reply and Solution suggestion!! It works wonderfully! Your suggested procedure to
Run in the START the program " services.msc" to Activate and Start the two services:
Shell Hardware Detection , and Windows Imaging Acquition finally change the services status from
"stopped" to "Started" revive and Restore my Scanner function!!
I think anyone having scanning problems (especially because Windows Imaging Services is not running...) should
try Yaniv14's solution method!! Thanks again to Yanif14 and the HP Support Forum!!
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers