Question

Student
Tekkun
Message 1 of 7 (2,728 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Officejet Pro 8600 - Black lines when copying, colorful lines while scanning

Hello,

I have an HP Officejet Pro 8600. Whenever I attempt to copy from glass, copy from ADF, I get black lines going the legnth of the pages. Whenver I scan, once again, from the glass or the ADF I get colorful lines going the legnth of the scan. I've called HP Customer Care and the rep had me clean the glass, and the inside part of the ADF but the problem still remains. Any idea if this is a common problem? More importantly, how do I fix it.

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 7 (2,717 Views)

Re: HP Officejet Pro 8600 - Black lines when copying, colorful lines while scanning

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Please try connecting the printer to a direct power socket, do not use any power hub, a surge protector, etc.

Next ensure you have the latest firmware installed on your printer and follow for any difference:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02919168&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=4323659&tmp...

I believe that should resolve the problem, please let me know what happens.

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Grad Student
SammanthaR
Message 3 of 7 (2,709 Views)

Re: HP Officejet Pro 8600 - Black lines when copying, colorful lines while scanning

Do a hard rest on the printer. Leave the printer on and unplug the power cord. In doing this, it will remove the lines.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!
Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP

Sammantha, Printing Agent

I work for HP.
Grad Student
SammanthaR
Message 4 of 7 (2,695 Views)

I'm so glad this worked for you! I would say atleast 25% of the calls I receive everyday this resolves the issue. It's a great first step. :smileyhappy:

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!
Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP

Sammantha, Printing Agent

I work for HP.
Student
chantillys
Message 5 of 7 (2,455 Views)

Problem seems to be fixed

Student
BuddyOCat
Message 6 of 7 (2,107 Views)

Thank you, that works !

Student
jimford
Message 7 of 7 (1,779 Views)

unplugged mine

this fixed the problem

thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation