Question

Honor Student
lisa-RIA
Message 1 of 4 (314 Views)

HP Officejet Pro 8600- Wireless scan

Our office currently has access to wireless print capabilities. My computer has windows 8, but my boss has XP. How do I set up the wireless scan capabilities on both computers? I have tried to find a forum on how to set this up, I have printed the set up directly from the printer, and I have tried the remote configuration using http://192.168.223.1. None of these options are working. If you would please help me set this options up. We would like our office to be completely wireless using the network options through our router. 

Please provide a step by step instruction as to how to set up wireless scan capabilities for windows 8 and XP.

Thank you for all your help!!!

Lisa

PhD Student
FixPrint
Message 2 of 4 (309 Views)

Re: HP Officejet Pro 8600- Wireless scan

Hi Lisa,

Are you still experiencing issues?  Are you able to scan through the installed printer software? Have you enabled scan to PC from both computers?  Please see the below steps to enable scan to PC.

1. Double click printer icon located on desktop

2. Under Scan section, click manage scan to computer

3. Click enable

Hope this helps!

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.
Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.
I appreciate your input !
Thank You,
I work for HP.
Honor Student
lisa-RIA
Message 3 of 4 (306 Views)

I do not h ave a scan section. There is only a print section when I open the networked printer.

I went to the HP Printer Assistant and there are only options for the printer. No scan options.
PhD Student
FixPrint
Message 4 of 4 (304 Views)

Hi lisa-RIA,

The required software components are missing.  I suggest completely removing the software and installing the updated software from one of the below links based on model type.   Then try to activate scan to computer and let me know what happens.

1. Uninstall unit from programs or HP folder

2. Download, save and install updated software from below link that corresponds with unit. 

HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One Printer Click Here

HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus e-All-in-One Printer Click Here

HP Officejet Pro 8600 Premium e-All-in-One Click Here

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.
Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.
I appreciate your input !
Thank You,
I work for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation