10-16-2012 04:37 PM
I recently puchased the HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One Printer - N911a for our store. Everything works great except for when we try to receive faxes. I followed the setup steps and chose to have the machine Auto-Accept incoming faxes and set the number of rings to accept to 2. We can send faxes fine but when we have an incoming fax, the printer will continue to ring and ring, and if there isn't anyone near by to push the accept button, the fax doesn't come through. When the printer rings to alert us of an incoming fax, the screen does however display "Auto-Accept: On".
03-20-2013 01:32 PM
@richmelk, I see that you're having the same issue the above poster is having. If you could please explain to me the set up you have going on with the fax.
For example: Do you have the fax cord from the printer to the phone jack?
Is it connected on a modem?
Do you have a distinctive ring?
Is your telephone number the same as the fax number?
Could you please give me a brief description on what's going on with your printer?
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers