HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One Printer - N911a not automatically accepting incoming faxes. (220 Views)
Student
decoratorsden
Message 1 of 3 (220 Views)

HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One Printer - N911a not automatically accepting incoming faxes.

I recently puchased the HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One Printer - N911a for our store. Everything works great except for when we try to receive faxes. I followed the setup steps and chose to have the machine Auto-Accept incoming faxes and set the number of rings to accept to 2. We can send faxes fine but when we have an incoming fax, the printer will continue to ring and ring, and if there isn't anyone near by to push the accept button, the fax doesn't come through.  When the printer rings to alert us of an incoming fax, the screen does however display "Auto-Accept: On".

Student
richmelk
Message 2 of 3 (179 Views)

Re: HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One Printer - N911a not automatically accepting incoming faxes.

I have the same issue
Regents Professor
lions99
Message 3 of 3 (162 Views)

Re: HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One Printer - N911a not automatically accepting incoming faxes.

@richmelk, I see that you're having the same issue the above poster is having. If you could please explain to me the set up you have going on with the fax. 

For example: Do you have the fax cord from the printer to the phone jack? 

Is it connected on a modem? 

Do you have a distinctive ring? 

Is your telephone number the same as the fax number? 

Could you please give me a brief description on what's going on with your printer? 

​THX

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation