Question

Honor Student
JimBrex
Message 1 of 7 (3,725 Views)

HP Officejet Pro L7780 All-in-one is locked up...won't shut off. Help!

My L7780 was connected to my server.  It would print fine, but wouldn't copy.  We made it a stand alone again, but to power it down, you have to unplug it.  It won't shut off with the power button.  When it comes back up, it looks fine....no messages.  But it won't do a thing.  It won't copy, can't use help...just sits there. We are more interested in it being a copier than a printer, but as of now, it is useless. 
Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 2 of 7 (3,716 Views)

Re: HP Officejet Pro L7780 All-in-one is locked up...won't shut off. Help!

Is the printer connected to a wireless network? I ask cos there was an issue with the printer freezing up when connected wirelessly to some routers. So try to turn of your routers and then turn on your printer.

also, download the latest firmware of the printer and update the printer with it.
----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Honor Student
JimBrex
Message 3 of 7 (3,694 Views)

Thanks Dexter.  I think you are right on.  I'll try those things.  I unplugged the printer a few times, and it didn't help.  Then I left it and the power pack unplugged overnight and it now copies again.  Obviously, I still can't print, then use it as a copier.  I'll try your suggestions.  Thanks.

JB

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 4 of 7 (3,680 Views)

Follow THIS document and see what happens.
----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Student
ron_sweatman
Message 5 of 7 (1,230 Views)

I too had that problem starting when I installed windows 7. My solution was to download all current updates to the printer. Next was to shut the printer off, with the off button, then unplug the power source to shut it down. Next was to install the current updates I had previously downloaded. Turn the computer back on and the problems dissapeared.

Student
simon-jester
Message 6 of 7 (944 Views)

I am happy to report a solution to my very same problem using your advice. I will download updated firmware for my printer.
Great job, much thanks.
Student
Whatiswronghere
Message 7 of 7 (535 Views)

I can send print jobs from my mac to the printer and it will print, however I cannot turn off the all in one using the power button on the front panel. I cannot any longer print a copy by touching the copy button on the front panel. I can only turn the all in one off by pulling the plug. I have unplugged everything and plugged it back up and still no results.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation