Question

Student
ilan_l
Message 1 of 5 (4,121 Views)

HP Officejet j4580 failed to send fax , why ?

Hello, I have HP Officejet  j4580 and its print/scan/get fax very good  . But I can't send fax from some reason   . i put the paper on the upper feeder  , choose "FAX B&W" enter the request fax number and dial  ,  There is connection, but i get message  "sending failed" , and status paper is printed  , its says  : "A connection error occurred during the fax transmission, if you are sending,  ......... NOTE   : image on fax send report is set to offAn image of page 1 will appear here for faxes that are sent as scan and fax.  " So, what can i do for simply send fax?    

Student
Sohail1
Message 2 of 5 (3,538 Views)

Re: HP Officejet j4580 failed to send fax , why ?

I did same same but then my father put connection in the left port on the back side and it worked.

Maybe you will too.

Good Lucks!

Student
litzingerkaren
Message 3 of 5 (2,569 Views)

Did you figure out an answer to the Error: Image on Fax Send Report is set to Off.  I have that on my new 8500?  Thanks for any ideas!

Honor Student
jwagse30
Message 4 of 5 (2,547 Views)

I have the same printer and it worked fine at first. Now I get the same messages that you are getting and I can not figure out why. Have you found out anything.

H2K Honor Student
Honor Student
H2K
Message 5 of 5 (2,169 Views)

i am facing the same problem but in my case on printer screen it shows fax sending fail but its receving on the other side.

so i dont know why its giving error on printer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation