Question

Honor Student
DuhItzDustin
Message 1 of 9 (1,304 Views)

HP PHOTOSMART 7525 "SCAN TO EMAIL" IS NOT WORKING

The "Scan to Email" function is not working. When I try to scan a document to my email, it says, "The scan failed. Try again or touch Exit to quit." I've tried multiple times and even turned it off and on. I also checked the Wi-Fi connection, and it is indeed connected. But for some reason when I try to scan a document to my email, it doesn't work :/. It recently started not working today. Please help! I need to scan multiple files to my customers. 

Thanks! 

-Dustin Duong

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 2 of 9 (1,280 Views)

Re: HP PHOTOSMART 7525 "SCAN TO EMAIL" IS NOT WORKING

Does regular scanning still work?

Can you make a copy from the printer itself?

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Student
hcampo07
Message 3 of 9 (1,254 Views)

I'm also having a similar issue, but mine gets caught in a loop saying "preparing to scan", but nothing ever happens. The scan to computer feature is still working just fine. 

Honor Student
DuhItzDustin
Message 4 of 9 (1,250 Views)

Yeah, my scan to computer works fine also. I wish someone on this forum could help out :/

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 5 of 9 (1,239 Views)

What OS are you using?  

Have you made any resent changes to your network?

Have you resently updated the firmware on your router?

What email provider do you use?

Does your email open in Outlook or in a web browser?

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Honor Student
DuhItzDustin
Message 6 of 9 (1,232 Views)

What OS are you using?  Windows 7

Have you made any resent changes to your network? no

Have you resently updated the firmware on your router? no

What email provider do you use? Outlook Express

Does your email open in Outlook or in a web browser? Yes.

The scan to email function just does not work..

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 7 of 9 (1,229 Views)

HP PHOTOSMART 7525 "SCAN TO EMAIL" IS NOT WORKING

Outlook would be the program you use to access your email, but the provider would be either your employer or your ISP. Sorry I wasn't more clear on what I was looking for at first. Who is your email provider? Did you setup the scan to email, or did another user set it up for you? Do you still have the information required to setup scan to email on hand?
Signature
Student
ajo2
Message 8 of 9 (729 Views)

My scan to email not working also. It says scan failed. What could be causing this? It worked previously, but not working today for some reason.
Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 9 of 9 (724 Views)

The servers may have been going through some maintenance.  Try again in a bit, and see if it's working.  If not, call 1-855-785-2777 to check the status of the servers.

Signature
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation