Question

Honor Student
VistaBytes
Message 1 of 4 (2,698 Views)

HP PSC 1315 Scanner Not Working

[ Edited ]

The printer, & copier feature are fine on my HP PSC 1315 all-in-one, BUT the scanning feature no longer works.  Attempted to use.  When scanning screen appears, nothing happens (the scanner doesn't start like it used to).  Down in the left hand corner is the following:

Joy Joy
Output dimensions:  x
File Size:
Resolution:  dpi
Scale:

What in the world is "Joy Joy"....see attached snip of screen....

I reinstalled twice & still get the same results.  The scanner had been working fine a week ago. 

I use the wonderful Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit Service Pack-1 operating system by the way.

Screen.JPG

HP.JPG

Honor Student
VistaBytes
Message 2 of 4 (2,628 Views)

Re: HP PSC 1315 Scanner Not Working

[ Edited ]

Here's what went down after this dilemma with the scanner. 

At the same time this scanner problem happened, I lost functionality on a utilities program and something odd was going on with IE7.  I had difficulty trying to reinstall my scanner software, and I tried reinstalling my utilities program several times, but couldn't because I'd get 40 or 50 blank internet explorer error windows up on the screen.  I worked with customer support for that utility software.  They finally suggested I either reinstall or update IE.

I suspected my system had something, but my antivirus program never found anything.  Not trusting it anymore, I downloaded a free trial version of another antivirus program & deleted the one I had.  After doing a complete 6 hour scan of the system, it was found that there were traces of Packed/RL Packer in my system recovery drive.  I promptly had the traces disposed.

I then went thru a process of checking/cleaning my registry with a different working utilities tool.  I also backed up all my important stuff & moved some personal in-work files from hard drive to disc, fearing my system would fail at any time.  I then downloaded IE8.  With the new IE, I was able to reinstall my malfunctioning utilities program, as well as reinstall my scanner software.  Everything went back to working good. 

Now, I am only having problems with my Works program.  It wouldn't work.  So, I had to reinstall it from the system recovery drive, but a file was missing, so now I am stuck with a 'slightly reduced function'.  Since the file it couldn't find on reinstall was supposed to be located in the system recovery drive, I would say that the virus scanner must have deleted or damaged that file after removing the traces, I guess.

Student
AulaniCruz
Message 3 of 4 (2,189 Views)

Re: HP PSC 1315 Scanner Not Working

Joy Joy is a reference to Ren and Stimpy.  Those guys and gals at HP are dancing in the office when they realize that they have found a way to completely disable your printer and screw up your computer too.  I think they get bonuses when they can do that.

I cannot afford a new printer.  My problems started when I accidently allowed an update to occur from HP.  I know better from a previous update I allowed.  I now sound like a paranoid conspiracy theorist.  Somebody please help me get my scanner working again.  And give me back the HP Director which mysteriously disappeared too.  I just want my old printer of a week ago.  This is horrible for me.  I cannot print photos now because on top of all of this, they do not make tabbed photo paper anymore.  There is currently no HP Photo Paper that will work with my HP printer now.

Tried to uninstall printer, oops cannot do that anymore, errors left and right and cannot do it from my Control Panel now.

Tried System Restore.  As soon as it boots up after restore, HP software immmediately kicks in from nowhere and stops any progress I may have made.

Tried to unplug replug, reset, and reinstall from Original Disc and website (oops error there too). 

I treated this printer like a child of mine and I love it.  I just purchased over 150 dollars worth of paper and ink for Christmas Presents for family and freinds (PHOTOS).    What do I do MEG?  Please help.   I am getting angry and depressed after trying to fix this for 5 hours this morning.

I do not want a new printer, no coupons for a new printer or ink, I want my printer working like it did last week.

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 4 of 4 (2,160 Views)

HP PSC 1315 Scanner Not Working

Hello AulaniCruz

To verify do you have the PSC 1315? Also what operating system are you using? Are you also receiving the same message at the lower left corner? Has anything changed in the past week since your printer was working? Any Windows updates or new programs installed?

What exactly comes up on your screen when you restart after the system restore? You mention the HP software kicks in. Could you attach some screenshots of the problem(s) to your next post?
Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation