Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
PageWide Pro 577
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm trying to setup the Scan to SharePoint feature in my HP PageWide Pro 577 MFP so that it can scan to my company Office 365 SharePoint Online. After I setup in EWS following this guide: http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pagewide-377-multifunction-printer-series/8878964/document/c0...I get the error message "Server not supported -- protocol error" in the printer when I try to scan. 

Anyone can help?

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue. Did you ever find a solution?

Thanks in advance,

David

HP Recommended
Nope. Anyone can help?
HP Recommended

I am excited to get the SharePoint Online setup on our new HP PageWide Pro 577 MFP.  However, the online setup tests fine but the printer gives the same error as "seongliyn" - This server is not supported.  (P{rotocol error).  Any links would be appreciated.

HP Recommended

Can someone from HP provide us some help?

HP Recommended

It's September and still no response from HP. There is no updated firmware to install. This is the reason our company bought this particular piece of equipment. Come on HP! What's the problem here?

HP Recommended

Seriously - it's 2018, we've purchased these printers in mid 2017 with hopes to utilize this feature.  Please help us, HP!

HP Recommended

Hi all,

As far as I know Scan to SharePoint Online is not supported for the Pro models.

Only server based SharePoint can be used, not Cloud based SharePoint.

So if you would have a server with SharePoint installed in your company, this should not be a problem and should work.

SharePoint Online is cloud based and not supported.

greets

HP Recommended

Well if these models don't support SharePoint Online they're useless to my company. HP for the fail!

HP Recommended

Did anyone figure this one out?  I guess HP can't be bothered to help, they are presumably too busy re-designing the inkwells for the Pagewide 478 to make them different from the 477.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.