HP Photo & Imaging software Windows 7 (44543 Views)
Tutor
Bigbadger
Message 1 of 17 (44,543 Views)

HP Photo & Imaging software Windows 7

Hi,

I have Win 7 Ultimate- Scanjet 3530c driver installs OK (automatically) Can I use the HP Photo and Imaging software with this? If so which version and where can I download it?  Thanks

Student
robetclo2516
Message 2 of 17 (44,460 Views)

Re: HP Photo & Imaging software Windows 7

I have the same problem we need a solution to this, my version is Windows 7 professional 64bits.

Intern
demo56
Message 3 of 17 (44,421 Views)

It appears HP does not have updated software or drivers for the scanjet 3530C. 

You can try to run the scanjet in compatibility mode.

Another option is to run the scanjet in XP Mode, which is an added feature for the Professional and Ultimate versions of Windows 7.

Tutor
telephonics
Message 4 of 17 (44,347 Views)

I use an HP G4050 Scanjet scanner in my business. This scanner worked with WINXP-SP3 and Office 2003 superbly. But with my upgrade to Windows 7 and Office 2007 I find I cannot scan to e-mail using the scanner not "sen" from Office 2007. I had an extensive cgat session with HP who laid the problem on Microsoft's faiilure to address this issue. Whern I contacted Microsoft their solution was to reinsrtall officed 2003. I explained to them that when I bujy the latest technology from them I don't expect to have to continue using the old to get the capabilities I need.

It is strange that I can scan and deposit checks into  my checking account at a Bank 2000 miles away from me but I can't scan and then send a document as a PDF attachment in an ep-mail.

I'd welcome any suggestions. Perhaps buying a different manufacturer's sccanner would be one viable  option???

Intern
JessicaD42
Message 5 of 17 (44,287 Views)

Telephonics,

You might want to consider using the software in XP Mode. To learn more about XP Mode and Virtual PC please see the following link: http://bit.ly/d8i7Sb

Jessica
Microsoft Windows Client Team

Teacher
scandroid
Message 6 of 17 (44,267 Views)

telephonics,

There is a new driver package for Windows 7 and the G4050.  Are you running the latest version of software (link)?

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3236374...

You should be able to save files as a PDF and then attach the files to your email.  This might be a different process than with Office 2003, but Office 2007 is very different from Office 2003.

I work for HP, but these words are mine alone.
Top Student
honda9
Message 7 of 17 (37,117 Views)

I agree, I have the same problem with a new HP OfficeJet J4680 All-In-One.  Contact with support was useless.  Hp should have all new products ready to be off and running for the new owner.  Considering different brand.

Honor Student
SGFKING
Message 8 of 17 (35,927 Views)

Help please, I used to use HP Photo & Imaging on my old laptop with the HP Photosmart 7660. Now I have a new WIN7 36 bit Hp Laptop and a B210a Photosmart printer and I want to be able to use the old software.  HP cant seem to help and reading a few of the past posts it sounds too complicated. Does anyone know what I am talking about and how can I get this software on the new windows 7?

Top Student
honda9
Message 9 of 17 (35,711 Views)

Contact with HP was a waste of time.  Why can't they just make the missing drivers available for download.  After 5 months my printer still is not working.  I tried downloading the drivers and all I got was for business.  I have a home printer.  If someone can direct me to the correct driver download, I woukld greatly appreciate it.

Student
qwertyui
Message 10 of 17 (30,653 Views)

telephonics wrote:

I use an HP G4050 Scanjet scanner in my business. This scanner worked with WINXP-SP3 and Office 2003 superbly. But with my upgrade to Windows 7 and Office 2007 I find I cannot scan to e-mail using the scanner not "sen" from Office 2007. I had an extensive cgat session with HP who laid the problem on Microsoft's faiilure to address this issue. Whern I contacted Microsoft their solution was to reinsrtall officed 2003. I explained to them that when I bujy the latest technology from them I don't expect to have to continue using the old to get the capabilities I need.

It is strange that I can scan and deposit checks into  my checking account at a Bank 2000 miles away from me but I can't scan and then send a document as a PDF attachment in an ep-mail.

I'd welcome any suggestions. Perhaps buying a different manufacturer's sccanner would be one viable  option???

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation