Question

Honor Student
Alfrox
Message 1 of 9 (11,009 Views)

HP Photosmart 2610 scanner not working

Recently purchased a dell Inspiron working on Windows 7 (32).Downloaded HP drivers etc for my HP Photosmart 2610.All printing functions work but will not scan.
After scan request is entered through HP solution centre a rectangular white empty box appears on screen and printer is obviously waiting for connection.If scan button is pressed on the printer the same effect occurs. 
Unit worked perfectly well on previous Dell on Vista although scans had to be actioned through HP solution centre (older version) - scan button on machine didnt function.

Tried new diagnostic test from HP - all well until 'HP twain scan' then message 'scanner not responding' told to switch computer and printer off and restart - did that with same result.

Connected by USB 
Please help. 

Grad Student
Gordon2
Message 2 of 9 (10,995 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart 2610 scanner not working

Honor Student
Alfrox
Message 3 of 9 (10,976 Views)

Thanks - This is what I tried before - just tried it again with the same result - getting down to item 6 on the test  'HP twain scan' then message 'scanner not responding' told to switch computer and printer off and restart - did that with same result. Any other suggestions please. 

Grad Student
Gordon2
Message 4 of 9 (10,959 Views)

Honor Student
Alfrox
Message 5 of 9 (10,938 Views)

That's fixed it thanks very much - cleared out all drivers and reinstalled from that link - cheers

Grad Student
Gordon2
Message 6 of 9 (10,925 Views)

If the problem is solved, please use the pull down on the right to indicate that.

Student
np1973
Message 7 of 9 (10,139 Views)

I have a HP Photo smart 2610 Printer and  woking nicely. when i scan a document and try to save to file  on pdf the message iam getting is "An internal error occured while processing the document.close the program and try to restart the program/pc or reinstall the photo & imaging software.

i reinstall the hP software and no result. If anybody can help me....

Student
jaqor1
Message 8 of 9 (7,972 Views)

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem with my HP Photosmart 2610, I have tried various options for assistance including downloading 'Full feature download', uninstalling and reinstalling about four times, tried the 'Just Answer' website where 'experts' attempt to help (but couldn't), tried the 'Driver Detective' program but again no help!.

I have had my printer for about seven years and only had this fault since June this year. Obviously very happy with its performance previously.

Any one help??? 

Student
jam23
Message 9 of 9 (5,227 Views)

I had to reinstall my operating system and all other programs.

My HP 2610 all-in-one printer works fine, but the scanner scans on all HP checks but will not scan when directed from the program.

I have reloaded it twice.

Help please. jam23 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation