05-30-2013 04:32 AM
I'm having problems with my HP Photosmart 6520 when using the scan to email function. When I press scan to email it comes up with "Preparing scanning..." on the screen, but it doesn't get past this stage, it appears to just get stuck in a loop. After several minutes it will stop and the error message is
Temporarily unavailable. Please try again later."
I have unplugged the printer and it doesn't seem to make a difference.
Can you advise how I can solve this?
05-31-2013 02:44 PM
I see that you're having problems with the scan to email app. I have a couple of questions for you.
Have you setup ePrint?
Do any of the other apps work?
10-22-2013 08:09 PM
Same exact symptom on my 6520 today. I have scanned around 50 documents over the past two weeks. Suddenly stopped working today after successful scan to e-mail about 2 hours earlier. Tried unplugging printer. Tried resetting it to factory defaults. Looks like I'm off to dig up how to do the hard reset of everything again, just like the last time I had a problem with the 6520. I'm not sure scanning should be this hard...
10-24-2013 08:46 AM
I would like to help you with your scan to email issue. Try the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows.
Let me know if this helped.
- Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- A Communication or Connection Error Displays When Scanning
- Scan Using Full Feature HP Software (Windows 10)
- HP Photosmart 7510, 7515, ENVY 110, 114 Printers - Restoring eFax Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax