Question

Student
JenniferSmith
Message 1 of 4 (578 Views)

HP Photosmart 6520 - Scan To Email is not working (Windows XP on HP Pavilion laptop)

Hi,

I'm having problems with my HP Photosmart 6520 when using the scan to email function. When I press scan to email it comes up with "Preparing scanning..." on the screen, but it doesn't get past this stage, it appears to just get stuck in a loop. After several minutes it will stop and the error message is

"Information

Temporarily unavailable. Please try again later."

I have unplugged the printer and it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Can you advise how I can solve this?

Thanks,

Jennifer

Regents Professor
garytech1
Message 2 of 4 (561 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart 6520 - Scan To Email is not working (Windows XP on HP Pavilion laptop)

Hi JenniferSmith,

I see that you're having problems with the scan to email app.  I have a couple of questions for you.

Have you setup ePrint?

Do any of the other apps work? 

Honor Student
Dan93289498230
Message 3 of 4 (436 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart 6520 - Scan To Email is not working (Windows XP on HP Pavilion laptop)

Same exact symptom on my 6520 today.  I have scanned around 50 documents over the past two weeks.  Suddenly stopped working today after successful scan to e-mail about 2 hours earlier.  Tried unplugging printer.  Tried resetting it to factory defaults.  Looks like I'm off to dig up how to do the hard reset of everything again, just like the last time I had a problem with the 6520.  I'm not sure scanning should be this hard...

HP Support Agent
Advance23
Message 4 of 4 (419 Views)

Hi Dan93289498230,

I would like to help you with your scan to email issue. Try the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows.

Let me know if this helped.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" by the Reply to say “Thanks” for helping!

~Advance23~
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation