Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Photosmart 6520

Scan to email not working...still despite multiple (patient) attempts at completely powering down. Unplugging. Waiting. Plugging back in. Power up. Wifi connection is ON. Everything else works. WHY is the server error still coming up?!?! Printer is only a few months old. Picture scan to email worked 2 weeks ago. nothing has changed. UGH!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You can try below steps and check if your issue is resolved:
1. Tap the ePrint button which is found on the top left corner of the screen.
2. Go to Settings, and then look for Remove Web Services, hit Yes. It should go back to the Home Screen.
3. Tap the ePrint button again then Accept the Terms, press Yes if prompted to enable Auto Update then once done on the process try scanning again.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

While performing scan to email function, you get server error 403 code. You can try below steps to resolve the error message:

1. Obtain your printer's IP address. This can be done by pressing the wireless icon on printer.
2. Enter the printer's IP address in a browser.
3. Select the network tab at the top of the page.
4. On the left select networking.
5. Select Network Address (IP)
6. Select Manual DNS Server

• Manual Preferred DNS should read 8.8.8.8
  • Alternate DNS Server should read. 8.8.4.4

7. Select apply you might get a warning just select okay.

HP Recommended

Hi - thank you for the instructions, I made the changes. Powered down. Powered up. Still receiving the same error. Wifi is on - print page successful. Any other ideas?

HP Recommended

2. Go to Settings, and then look for Remove Web Services, hit Yes. It should go back to the Home Screen.
3. Tap the ePrint button again then Accept the Terms, press Yes if prompted to enable Auto Update then once done on the process try scanning again.

HP Recommended

THANK YOU!!! Removing web services and then resetting it up FINALLY worked!! So relieved and appreciate the post back! HAPPY ME!!!

HP Recommended

Super,thanks for the info, solved the problem/Leif

@GuruAid-CS wrote:

HP Recommended

Server Connection Error:

The printer was unable to connect to the servier.  Chck the Internet connection and try again or enter a proxy address. 

Email:  Not available

ePring: On

I have never been so frustrated with a product as I have been with my HP Printer.  Lasst week I could scan to email and today I can't.  I'm not smart enough to know what most of the error messages mean.  I give up.  Can't deal with this anymore.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.