08-22-2013 03:20 PM
I just purchased a HP Photosmart 7525 four months ago, warranty probably already expired. RARELY used the scanner, it's practically new. It states "SCANNER PROBLEM -- Turn printer off & then on. If the problem is not fixed, the scanner component is broken & cannot copy or scan". Tried turning printer off & on many times, still not working. Any ideas, please??
08-22-2013 05:11 PM
Try doing a Hard Reset as described in the following link. Click Here Is there any change?
If that doesn't help, you could try a Semi Full Reset. If successful, this would reset the printer to factory defaults and clear the memory. If the printer was on a wireless network, it would be taken off and would need to be reconnected. If you want to give this a try, I can send the steps in a private message to your HP Forums in-box. I would need you to agree not to publish the steps. Let me know what you decide.
Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.
I appreciate your input ! ___________________________________ _____
- Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- A Communication or Connection Error Displays When Scanning
- Scan Using Full Feature HP Software (Windows 10)
- HP Photosmart 7510, 7515, ENVY 110, 114 Printers - Restoring eFax Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax