Question

Student
Sampaguita
Message 1 of 2 (375 Views)

HP Photosmart 7525

I just purchased a HP Photosmart 7525 four months ago, warranty probably already expired.  RARELY used the scanner, it's practically new.  It states "SCANNER PROBLEM -- Turn printer off & then on.  If the problem is not fixed, the scanner component is broken & cannot copy or scan".  Tried turning printer off & on many times, still not working.  Any ideas, please??

Distinguished Professor
Rich1
Message 2 of 2 (363 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart 7525

Hi Sampaguita,

Try doing a Hard Reset as described in the following link.  Click Here  Is there any change?

If that doesn't help, you could try a Semi Full Reset.  If successful, this would reset the printer to factory defaults and clear the memory.  If the printer was on a wireless network, it would be taken off and would need to be reconnected.  If you want to give this a try, I can send the steps in a private message to your HP Forums in-box.  I would need you to agree not to publish the steps.  Let me know what you decide.

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

I appreciate your input ! ___________________________________ _____

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation