Question

Tutor
coolp
Message 1 of 4 (14,067 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Photosmart All-In-One c4480 scan error

I just hooked the device up and ran the necessary tests and all was good but when i clicked on the button to scan to pc I get this message: scan error. try scan from computer or see documentation. I can scan from some software on the computer except PaintShop. I get an error message with that one, but I want to be able to do the one click scanning from the device as advertised.
Tutor
coolp
Message 2 of 4 (14,077 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart All-In-One c4480 scan error

By the way, My OS is Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit.
Student
ColOz
Message 3 of 4 (13,835 Views)

I too have exactly the same sort of problem: I can scan from Microsoft Photo Editor on the computer but not directly from the printer by way of its button (or from the computer-resident HP Solution Center) -- attempting to do so results in an error message.  It's annoying.  I've uninstalled all the drivers and other software associated with the printer, turned off anti-virus and other programs, and re-installed all the software again, but to no avail -- still the same problem.  Any help would be appreciated.
Tutor
coolp
Message 4 of 4 (13,761 Views)

I had to contact HP through chat to fix mine. Uninstall/Reinstall did it for me. It turns out the HP Solution Center wasn't installed on mine.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation