HP Photosmart C309 series a will print but not scan (105 Views)
Honor Student
Beck411
Message 1 of 3 (105 Views)

HP Photosmart C309 series a will print but not scan

Using a Mac G5 with  OSX version 10.5.8 and a  shared networked printer HP Photosmart  C309 series a. Am able to print but not scan. I cannot use Image Uploader or Image Capture because my version of osx is too old. Also tried installing and running Scan Pro in  the application folder for hp but it didnt work. Is there any other software or program I can use that will allow me to scan?

More info:

The network is a wired network.

The printer is connected via usb.

PhD Student
Boston_RDSX
Message 2 of 3 (74 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart C309 series a will print but not scan

Beck411,

I am sorry you are having an issue scanning.

1.) How was the software installed? CD or download from the HP website?

2.) What happens when you attempt to scan?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Honor Student
Beck411
Message 3 of 3 (59 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart C309 series a will print but not scan

Thank you for your response. I downloaded the Scan Pro application directly from the HP website. It has been so long I do not remember how it failed to work. I have since uninstalled the Scan Pro and have tried to recreate the problem but cannot locate the Scan Pro application download. I have tried trouble shooting again on the HP site but have only found a “HP Scan and Print Doctor for Windows” that wont work for me on my Mac. Any suggestions on other software I could try?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation