HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
10-30-2010 11:16 AM
after 3 yrs of service, today my C3180 decided to stop scanning and copying.
That's what happens:
1) I try to scan or copy a document (no matter if operating via software from pc or pressing the "copy" button on the printer when it is disconnected from pc)
2) It loads paper (given the case i asked for copying)
3) It waits for scanning begins...
6) waits (blinking both on/off switch and "black copy". switch)
7) No answer: lamp doesn't light up, scanner doesn't start...just no life)
If i abort copying/scanning it ejects paper and goes back online.
As a printer it works still fine (both in b/w and colour).
Thanks in advance.
11-14-2010 02:56 AM
the printer mechanism is still working that's why you're able to print however, the scanner mechanism is not that's why the lamp would not turn on. Most likely, you may need to replace the printer.
Try doing a hard reset:
-while the printer is on, unplug the printer from the power socket
-wait for 30 seconds before plugging back the power cord
the printer should automatically turn on if not, you can press the power button to start it up