Question
HP Photosmart C410 document feeder says there is a jam everytime I use it (when the job is done)
Replies (86)

Honor Student
Ray633
Message 21 of 87 (2,711 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart C410 document feeder says there is a jam everytime I use it (when the job is done)

Ok, problem solved.  Thanks to the posts on this board, I looked at the document feed sensor and it appeared to moving freely with no problems.  When I would close the lid, the sensor's "fingers" would drop into the slots on the document feeder with no problem.  That's when I noticed that the document feeder lid was not closing all the way!

MAKE SURE YOU PUSH DOWN ON THE LID UNTIL IT SNAPS SHUT.  Once I did this, the unit worked as it was supposed to.  The message indicating that the document feeder is open is misleading.  Once you think you've closed the lid, the message goes away.  However, unless you make sure that you hear the lid snap closed, it's not closed.

Tutor
granger2
Message 22 of 87 (2,674 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart C410 document feeder says there is a jam everytime I use it (when the job is done)

[ Edited ]

Hi Miles I too am having this problem. Serial # [text removed for privacy]

I also have posted a concern with the scan feature. Since I run XP-32 Home the solution center does not work for me. I have only had this for a couple of weeks. I have tried Advanced Tech support and spent hours with no solutions. This paper jam error shows up when I scan either manually or with software. There is no paper jam I have it on the flat bed. If this printer is just too defective can you recommend another I used my 2410xi all in one for years. Spent days trying to fix problems after install of new hard drive. Gave up and bought the C410A.

Help!!!

Honor Student
moneyc
Message 23 of 87 (2,658 Views)

[ Edited ]

serial number [text removed for privacy] is serial number of my c410. i get message there is a paper jam and I can not do anything with the printer.

Honor Student
tomrath
Message 24 of 87 (2,632 Views)

[ Edited ]

Miles I have been having this problem since purchasing, have gone through all troubleshooting steps and ideas on this forum, but my C410 continues to show the paper jam (incorrectly) which will not allow me to send faxes.  Please let me know how I can get this fixed or replaced ASAP.

Thanks,

Tom Rath

Gallup

Serial Number:  [text removed for privacy]

Honor Student
successcoach
Message 25 of 87 (2,585 Views)

I am having the same problem!  Just took the thing out the box and have the same paper jam!  I can't believe this! I had the C309 and had problems and like a crazy person I tried this again!  That one didn't jam it just wouldn't scan or copy at times.  This one is jamming the paper.  This is AWFUL!  I will try to call them tomorrow.  The printer hasn't been used more than 5 minutes.  Just awful!

Honor Student
MikeB1945
Message 26 of 87 (2,417 Views)

This problem showed up a few days after installing a new C410.  HP Support took a very short time (thank you) before issuing a replacement that arrived last week.  So far it's working just fine.  Now I just want to turn off the annoying messages about ink drying and duplex printing...

Tutor
granger2
Message 27 of 87 (2,411 Views)

I am now on printer #3. The paper jam problem is gone. But I still could not scan from the HP software.

So I am using my own workaround. In the bin folder I found the scan program and pasted a short cut on my desktop.

Honor Student
maryannj
Message 28 of 87 (2,376 Views)

[ Edited ]

I am having the same document feeder jam error mentioned.  The serial number of my printer is {Removed for privacy}

Tutor
granger2
Message 29 of 87 (2,369 Views)

the only way that I fixed it was to get a new printer. Sorry to say it.

Student
LnPyn
Message 30 of 87 (2,260 Views)

Where do you put the 9 volt battery?  Where is the sensor?

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation