09-12-2013 06:55 PM
Tried turning both laptop and printer on and off several times. Tried USB cable in different ports on laptop. Confirmed USB cable is not damaged as I can print via this cable to the printer. Can't uninstall and reinstall software as I do no longer have the driver CD. Other suggestions?
09-12-2013 09:16 PM
You can select your OS and install updated drivers for the Printer which can be found at below link
I am an HP employee!!
12-02-2014 12:57 PM
I have the same issue and I did exactly as you advised the previous person and it didn't work for me. I still receive the same error. I too have restarted multiples times, checked the usb cords/connection, changed the ports, and updated the program with the link you provided the prior person, but it isn't working for me. I am able to print with no problem, but when I try to scan i continue to receive the error message stating that my usb is not connected, but it actually is.
- Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- A Communication or Connection Error Displays When Scanning
- Scan Using Full Feature HP Software (Windows 10)
- HP Photosmart 7510, 7515, ENVY 110, 114 Printers - Restoring eFax Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax