Question
HP Photosmart Plus eAll-In-One B210a - scan issue
Replies (33)

Student
taramalia
Message 11 of 34 (5,017 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart Plus eAll-In-One B210a - scan issue

I love my new HP printer... however, I cannot seem to resize the pictures I scan.  I keep trying to scan a 5x7 photo and send to my email.  However, there is no prompt that allows me to resize the area that is scanned.  So I keep getting only a portion of my photo.

Is there a way to easily resize the from 3x5 to 5x7 to 8.5 x 11 in scanner?

Please help!!

Thank you!

Tara

Honor Student
greg27
Message 12 of 34 (4,908 Views)

i think i have cracked this scan issue ... iam not that tech savy but i fixed my b210

the problem was  windows image acquisition  [wia]  in the services file 

to access this press windows start button type in services in search box    

open services  and a list of services running  on your computer  sroll down until  you find  windows image acquisition.  open properties  and start   if you get error 1068 this means that that Shell hardware detection is not started  or the remote procedure call . WIA is dependent on on both these to work   it will tell you this in the dependencies  tab   i set both of these to auto  and started them  went back to WIA it started  right a way i then rebooted my system   i then hit he activate scan  button that i had been hitting for the last week with no result and   it immediatley  recognised my scanner and started scanning through the hp scan program  

it now works  perfectly     i am a 55 yr  old stroke survivor   this  made me use my brain again  good luck  i hope it solves your problem    sorry  my new computer is a toshiba dx1210 all in one thats how my problem started installing  printer scanner that worked perfectly well on old machine to a new 2011 model 

Honor Student
bobkoll
Message 13 of 34 (4,652 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart Plus eAll-In-One B210a -"Activate Scan to Computer" ...Does Not Work

:smileyvery-happy:  This worked... FIRST time.  thanks.  Let me clean up your text a bit...  (feel free to re-edit it)

1 Left-Click on Windows start button

2 Type "Services" in Search box.  In Programs list, left-click  'Services'

3 Scroll to... Windows Image Acquisition (WIA).  Right-click and select 'Properties'. Startup Type should be 'Automatic'. Service Status should be 'Start'.  If not, change to Automatic and Start it.  If you get an error 1068, then do 4 & 5 below   

4 Scroll to 'Shell Hardware Detection'. Change it to Automatic and Start it.

5 Scroll to 'Remote Procedure Call'.  Change it to Automatic and Start it.

Re-Start Windows.

Now go to your printer, right-click and 'Open'.  "Activate Scan to Computer".  All is well with your life.  thanks to Greg for this. 

Do you think that HP could put out a 1-5 list so people can fix this 'first time'?

Honor Student
greg27
Message 14 of 34 (4,646 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart Plus eAll-In-One B210a -"Activate Scan to Computer" ...Does Not Work

thanks for the clean up   bob  

this problem has been around for so long

iam glad it worked for you 

Honor Student
MAG8166
Message 15 of 34 (4,248 Views)

have the above listed printer but have always used it primarily for printing. I need to scan some documents to send to someone online- i tried this but it says; ' SCAN IS DEACTIVATED"- How do i activate scan to computer? Where do i find these scan settings??? PLEASE HELP- i am to send these documents today!!!

Honor Student
greg27
Message 16 of 34 (4,236 Views)

hope this works for you i figured it out a few months ago please look at previous posts bobcoll cleaned it up for me good luck

1 Left-Click on Windows start button
2 Type "Services" in Search box. In Programs list, left-click 'Services'
3 Scroll to... Windows Image Acquisition (WIA). Right-click and select 'Properties'. Startup Type should be 'Automatic'. Service Status should be 'Start'. If not, change to Automatic and Start it. If you get an error 1068, then do 4 & 5 below
4 Scroll to 'Shell Hardware Detection'. Change it to Automatic and Start it.
5 Scroll to 'Remote Procedure Call'. Change it to Automatic and Start it.
Re-Start Windows.

Now go to your printer, right-click and 'Open'. "Activate Scan to Computer". All is well with your life. thanks to Greg for this.

Do you think that HP could put out a 1-5 list so people can fix this 'first time'?
Honor Student
gbseason
Message 17 of 34 (3,808 Views)

prints and copies ok but will not scan fron either printer or computer

Honor Student
gbseason
Message 18 of 34 (3,807 Views)

I posted an item before this but neglected to mention that I am running a Mac with OS10.7

Associate Professor
stix4
Message 19 of 34 (3,735 Views)

Hello,

Thanks for the post.  With this one, please note there is a critical update available that addresses the scanning issue in MAC OS X10.7.  I've included the link to this update below, there is also another link available below that will walk you through the steps on how to obtain these updates on the fly.  Good Luck!

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=219&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=40219...

I worked for HP but my posts and replies are my own....Thank you!

*Say thanks by clicking the *Kudos!* which is on the left*

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with (Accept as Solution) if it solves your issue.*

Honor Student
pulzcul
Message 20 of 34 (3,731 Views)

cool cool cool ty. You made my day.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation